Bruce Springsteen

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can win this thread's loser stakes by admitting that I've seen Genesis live (from the 5th row at Old Trafford) and Peter Gabriel (from the 8th row at the Arena)!

I'm throwing a challenge in......I saw The Ian Gillan Band in the 70's at Manchester Apollo, front row centre tickets...........Gawd, they were :censored:e!!!

The guy is amazing........to do a regular 3.5hr+ show AND alter the set list for every show shows up a lot of other "turns". Seen a number of bands over the years where the set list remains the same gig after gig.

I watched a documentary a few years ago and Gary W Tallent said to be in the E Street band, you have to know every Springsteen song because you don't know what song is next.

No, I'd stay out and sleep under a hedge! I was thinking of the wellbeing and preferences of a typical Boss fan.

Bollocks. You were thinking, "If they want to stay out till that time of night, good look to them, but you wouldn't catch me doing it. Nevertheless, they need to get home safe and sound and if that means pulling the plug, so be it."

Bollocks. You were thinking, "If they want to stay out till that time of night, good look to them, but you wouldn't catch me doing it. Nevertheless, they need to get home safe and sound and if that means pulling the plug, so be it."

You talk a good talk, but really we all know you would have been whimpering if you were late for your cocoa

You talk a good talk, but really we all know you would have been whimpering if you were late for your cocoa

This from the man who went home feeling sick following an afternoon on the grog, missing the Brentford game in the process. It's true that staying till the final whistle and carrying on boozing afterwards would have seriously compromised your fair chance of getting home. That phrase is gonna stick with you for the rest of your (or my) life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But this is crazy! Mayfair and Knightsbridge are hardly high population density areas. And who's really that fussed about noise at 11pm in a city with a massive, massive nighttime economy?

-

Noise complaints from as far away as Grove End Gardens in St John's Wood last night (about 2.5 miles), although as they were against Tom Jones it's possible that they were racially motivated.

• 7 months later...

Friends Arena is a brilliant stadium and decent for concerts with the roof closed.

Solna is the hardest place on the planet to find a parking space. Bastards.

Bruce is getting lazy, a mere 2 hours 53 minutes tonight. Although that did include the entire Darkness On The Edge Of Town album.

Friends Arena is a brilliant stadium and decent for concerts with the roof closed.

Solna is the hardest place on the planet to find a parking space. Bastards.

Bruce is getting lazy, a mere 2 hours 53 minutes tonight. Although that did include the entire Darkness On The Edge Of Town album.

Sounded like a decent show from the reports. Be interesting to see whether he continues the full album thing in Finland on Tuesday.

I'd prefer he didn't but could see him doing BITUSA at Wembley.

Not sure he'll top the 2 full album shows I saw in New York in 2009 though!

Sounded like a decent show from the reports. Be interesting to see whether he continues the full album thing in Finland on Tuesday.

I'd prefer he didn't but could see him doing BITUSA at Wembley.

Not sure he'll top the 2 full album shows I saw in New York in 2009 though!

It worked surprisingly well. Possibly because Darkness is a good album, partly because the set is so long and partly because it's Bruce.

I'd suggest he'd find it hard to deliver Nebraska with the same joy.

Anyway, Padova in three and a half weeks next.

It worked surprisingly well. Possibly because Darkness is a good album, partly because the set is so long and partly because it's Bruce.

I'd suggest he'd find it hard to deliver Nebraska with the same joy.

Anyway, Padova in three and a half weeks next.

I'd :censored:ing love to see Nebraska played live in full.

Not saying I wouldn't.

But with the E Street band? Not sure.

Then again, he could probably do something sensational with them / it.

Yea, just listen to recent, "rockier" versions of Atlantic City, Open All Night and Johnny 99.

Reason to Believe was a standout for me on the '07 indoor tour.

Most casual fans I imagine would be streaming for the toilets/bar though.