Robbie Simpson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinks he's better than he is, like Morais thinks everything needs to go through him which means eventually stop him playing we stop playing. So let them leave if they think they can do better elsewhere and bring in new players mix it up a bit means we don't hit barren :censored:e spells of Oldham nil for three months like we have over the last two years.

Simpson will only play week in week out for :censored:e like us and Bratfurd anyone else will give him a squad role, same with Morais. They plyed for Oldham 'Haven't a pot to piss in Athletic' for a reason.

despite that, nailed on they'll still be here next season, Why? Who the :censored: wants to play in division 4?

Robbie Simpson is a quality footballer, and whenever I have seen him playing fully fit and in the number 10 role he has looked our best player.

I've argued this elsewhere with Taylor - given the style of play last year once confidence fell to pieces those players off the top who were looking for runners off them and short passes were always going to really struggle. Simpson - like Taylor, Lee, Morais and Furman - had the bottle to keep wanting the ball when we were falling apart, and I think that says more about the guy than a perceived loss of form.

I just hope that the players don't read some of the :censored:e that gets played out on here.

Bottom line is that we will not find a better footballer than Robbie Simpson, and signing him should be a huge priority. Play him off Tonks rather than Kuqi and I think we would see our best creative talent since Kilkenny.

Robbie Simpson is a quality footballer, and whenever I have seen him playing fully fit and in the number 10 role he has looked our best player.

I've argued this elsewhere with Taylor - given the style of play last year once confidence fell to pieces those players off the top who were looking for runners off them and short passes were always going to really struggle. Simpson - like Taylor, Lee, Morais and Furman - had the bottle to keep wanting the ball when we were falling apart, and I think that says more about the guy than a perceived loss of form.

I just hope that the players don't read some of the :censored:e that gets played out on here.

Bottom line is that we will not find a better footballer than Robbie Simpson, and signing him should be a huge priority. Play him off Tonks rather than Kuqi and I think we would see our best creative talent since Kilkenny.

I reckon that most players will take the comments on forums and twitter with a huge pinch of salt - there will always be some who moan and some who praise - opinions are what drive this board and in any free forum (as long as posters do not cross the line of decency or litigation) then there will always be polarisation - as Mark Twain put it:

'It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion that makes horse races.'

:swordfight:

Am I the only poster on this board without a 'reliable source' at the club?

How does one go about getting one of these extremely important fan tools? How much do they cost & can you use one of your ST vouchers in securing one?

Hey, Sly I got told by my reliable sauce at the club we'd signed a "belter" called Dan Taylor.

This was last night (Saturday) and they we're adamant this news hadn't even been issued by the club on Latics World.

I just couldn't stop laughing all night.

Ian G.

How does one go about getting one of these extremely important fan tools? How much do they cost & can you use one of your ST vouchers in securing one?

Actually they are quite easy to acquire. Three easy steps:

1. Choose a topic that is current and of interest to a large majority

2. Come up with a plausible story/outcome

3. Post that story online citing a 'reliable source'

Easy huh? :smoking:

Actually they are quite easy to acquire. Three easy steps:

1. Choose a topic that is current and of interest to a large majority

2. Come up with a plausible story/outcome

3. Post that story online citing a 'reliable source'

Easy huh? :smoking:

That's pretty much what I do : sometimes, it even gets into the Chron.

Hey, Sly I got told by my reliable sauce at the club we'd signed a "belter" called Dan Taylor.

This was last night (Saturday) and they we're adamant this news hadn't even been issued by the club on Latics World.

I just couldn't stop laughing all night.

Ian G.

Haha G(&)T then!

Right, I'll have a pop.

Been told by my reliable source at the club that Yousseff M'Changama is going to turn our deal down and instead sign for Preston.

Apparently Westley is a massive fan of his sideburns and digs his funky name.

<smuggly sits back and waits for snippet to be printed in the Chron.>

Edited by slystallone

Speaking of which, I'm amazed that M'Changama and, even more so, Diallo haven't signed their deals yet! I can't imagine for one second anybody else would want them! I'd have thought they will have been creaming themselves that they had got an offer from us!

That said, I hope all the out of contract players turn us down. Bag of :censored:e the lot of them!

like all our players, not arsed either way. Up until Liverpool he was awesome, after Liverpool and the Chesterfield game he was very very poor and particularly in Preston game at home he looked like he couldn't be arsed.

I also don't like us playing the 4-4-1-1 system as unless the team is close together we lose any attacking focal point. 4-4-2 please PD.

He will stay or go, like anyone, for one reason or another. All replacable when being brutally honest.

what happens happens and i wont be losing sleep over it.

Tell you what there is some people up their own arses on here! Its a forum site where if you here some news you write it, so what your saying is unless it's one of the the guys wishing they knew someone worth knowing who sits by his computer pressing F5 every minute writes it no one else should know anything! Very sad If you ask me!

haha Sly I was going to say don't worry you are not alone I dont have one either, but then I remembered I actually do have one now and can't wait to start posting all the reliable information they tell me.

Tell you what there is some people up their own arses on here! Its a forum site where if you here some news you write it, so what your saying is unless it's one of the the guys wishing they knew someone worth knowing who sits by his computer pressing F5 every minute writes it no one else should know anything! Very sad If you ask me!

I find this very refreshing! what does F5 do?

The op does make sense to me, someone in the club told me 10 days nearly ago now he was signing a deal but dickov wanted 2 years and simpson only wanted 2 year with clause if we went down that he could leave for nowt

I asked again Friday morning and was told that hit a glitch and stalled, Bradistan come in and bingo bye robbie, i wont slag him off end of the day if u were on 50,000 a year and someone at a sister company offers you 100,000 to do the same job you take it

Called reality

As I said i had a source and dont lie. I thank you!