all gone quiet...

So with PD saying that he hoped to have the majority of his squad in place for the Portugal trip in 4 days, this board and other rumours have gone really quiet. Is Cliff Bryne definatly training with us? He would be just the type of experience we need. I'm sure that we are working hards behind the scenes and there is still plenty of time but can't help but get slighly twitchy when we are still a fair few players light!

Right - For the record:

Cliff Byrne.

I said he was a player we would look at. 2 replies later someone took that as he was training with us.

Football transfers was then updated by someone (probably after reading this page) saying he was training with us.

Right - For the record:

Cliff Byrne.

I said he was a player we would look at. 2 replies later someone took that as he was training with us.

Football transfers was then updated by someone (probably after reading this page) saying he was training with us.

Cheers for clearing that up.

It's all Chinese whispers, innit?

I'd like him here, but imagine his wages could be a stumbling block. And when we have Mvoto, Tarkowski and Belezika already in that position, funds may be needed more urgently at left wing or up front. Nice signing if we can afford him but a loan (like Reece Brown again) would also fill that hole.

We do have the majority of our squad in place though! It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there were no more signings until 5 to midnight on deadline day when we will get three young loanees and a couple of released old guys.

According to the latest Latics Player video, PD (who I'm dibsing as my insider) reckons that M'Changama will be signing tomorrow. Good news that one.

Also said that if he has to go to Portugal with the 18 he has then so be it. He sounds a bit disappointed, and may have lost out on all his other preferred targets as they have not yet signed for us.

steveoafc is the practically only poster I would trust saying he has seen someone at the ground, as his house is used for stalking the ticket office woman more or less opposite the main entrance

I've been back in work so haven't been able to do my work in the bush ( so to speak ) not noticed anything of significance the last few days.

Don't worry, any sightings will be reported :)