Tonights Match-Mossley

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Modern technology huh? - back in the day we would have been waiting for the green final for details of the score..

I've still got some Green Finals, superb reading on a Saturday night as was the Football Pink.

Only problem was some scores were only half time and we had to wait until the following morning for the final results.

Edited by BP1960

I've still got some Green Finals, superb reading on a Saturday night as was the Football Pink.

I always felt like a traitor reading the Pink - it was always the green 'un for me - btw - can you scan and post a front page? - it would be good to see.

Best thing about the Pink was reading about how well we'd done in the first reported 70 mins of a match in contrast to the report printed on the Monday that detailed an all-round shoddy performance that deserved to be punished by the 3 late goals we conceded.

Modern technology huh? - back in the day we would have been waiting for the green final for details of the score..

I used to love the Green Final. I'm sure it used to go to publication before the end of the match, as it didn't have the final score. Would still be delivered before 6pm though!

I always felt like a traitor reading the Pink - it was always the green 'un for me - btw - can you scan and post a front page? - it would be good to see.

Will try to scan one, but newspapers don't scan too well - particularly when gravy stained.

Best thing about the Pink was reading about how well we'd done in the first reported 70 mins of a match in contrast to the report printed on the Monday that detailed an all-round shoddy performance that deserved to be punished by the 3 late goals we conceded.

Could never get my head round the pink final.. My old man would take me to the game, go for a drink in the clayton arms after and by the time we were home we could read about the game in the paper.

Less impressive now with t'ineternet but to get it to print so soon must've been a challenge back in the day.

This is a Saturday Sport Final from 1977, can't tell if it was green though as its faded;

oldhamchronfinal1.jpg