Boycott the City Game?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, at £15 a ticket, i will not be attending the game, especially as it's 99% certain the game will be v City kids.

So, i'm boycotting, who's with me?

You get a free voucher in your ST book if you are a season ticket holder!

I will be going.

Still going. Big attendance at £15 a pop means more money in the coffers!

Totally agree, I will be there aswell.

I dont think £15 for a match against City (albeit it will be mostly kids) is that bad and they will fill the RRE which is what it is all about!

how dare the club try making some money when we have none!

the crowd will more than likley be bigger than any of the first 10 home league games against the premier league champs and a local side at that

so yeah let give it away for free!

or we could just bitch and moan at every decision the club make to try and make some cash

"LATICS FANATICS" dont boycott Latics games

how dare the club try making some money when we have none!

Because we supporters are all driving around in gold plated Rolls Royce's aren't we?

I understand the clubs predicament, it's a problem with English football in general, but you can't seriously tell me that 15 pounds for a pre-season friendly is reasonable? No matter who it's against. The same as £20 to watch 3rd tier football is bordering on extortion.

I'm not into all this 'boycotting' crap, but the longer English fans keep bending over and paying whatever their clubs charges, the more the clubs will keep taking the piss.

to be honest, i'm 'boycotting' this season, albeit still being a member and going when i can...

15quid is overpriced though, a tenner would have been reasonable...

£5 difference?

dont have a pint and a pie and pay for the game

if you cant afford it fair enough, i know times are hard for a lot at the moment - but £5 is not a great deal of difference

there is a difference in "boycotting" and going when you can by the way

i really do not understand the views of some of our fans , they always discuss trying to make money for the club and who they want to buy and the clubs budget......

the minute the club try to bring in the revenue thay are against it

you cant have it both ways - it doesnt make financial ense and just doesnt work one without the other

to be honest, i'm 'boycotting' this season, albeit still being a member and going when i can...

15quid is overpriced though, a tenner would have been reasonable..

It does state due to policing? So a tenner is what they would have usually charged, the extra fiver is to cover the policing costs.

Edited by Schlieb

if you choose not to go to the game then thats fine - i have not decide myself as of yet

but why does the word boycott have to be used?

stay at home on your own, why do you have to be joined by everyone else?- it wont change :censored: all

It does state due to policing? So a tenner is what they would have usually charged, the extra fiver is to cover the policing costs.

As Schlieb points out the club have pre-empted all this in their reasonable explantion about the police costs. Last season's games v Blackpool and Burnley didn't need the level of policing that will be present v City so we paid £10. The club will have had discussions with GMP about what's needed and probably rounded up to a fiver per ticket. Perfectly reasonable.

We haven't yet had the moans about it being all-ticket, saying lots can't be arsed in going to BP in advance of the day to buy tickets, and/or forecasting that the Police will relax their all-ticket ruling on the day.

and we dont have the rochdale rd end for the game - oh no!

I wasn't going regardless of the Birmingham uproar (which is a disgraceful act of greed) or the price.

It could be three quid and I still wouldn't turn up.

Whilst we're losing money, Brum are getting parachute payments from the Premierleague. A sense of prospective is needed perhaps.