Boycott the City Game?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked my neutral mate, who had no idea about this friendly, what he would expect ticket prices to be if he was a Latics fan. I said City likely to field a handful of their top players - which is the most likely outcome.

His response, taking into account prices for other friendlies around the country, was: "Premier League champions. That's a glamour friendly for Oldham. I'd expect tickets to cost £20."

When I said they will be £15 he was surprised, but he did think season ticket holders could have been given tickets for £10, or some form of benefit.

So seems like £15 is a meet in the middle price for everyone, which is sensible. Because how many non-season ticket holders and City fans would go if they had to pay £20 to compensate season ticket holders going for £10 or less - if that price structure was allowed?

Making money is one thing, but the club at least needs to break even from a home friendly against the Premier League champions, otherwise that would be madness.

I asked my neutral mate, who had no idea about this friendly, what he would expect ticket prices to be if he was a Latics fan. I said City likely to field a handful of their top players - which is the most likely outcome.

His response, taking into account prices for other friendlies around the country, was: "Premier League champions. That's a glamour friendly for Oldham. I'd expect tickets to cost £20."

When I said they will be £15 he was surprised, but he did think season ticket holders could have been given tickets for £10, or some form of benefit.

So seems like £15 is a meet in the middle price for everyone, which is sensible. Because how many non-season ticket holders and City fans would go if they had to pay £20 to compensate season ticket holders going for £10 or less - if that price structure was allowed?

Making money is one thing, but the club at least needs to break even from a home friendly against the Premier League champions, otherwise that would be madness.

You hope

I've voted you down, not because of your post, but because of your sickening sig. Probably the most insensitive one I've seen on here.

I marked yours up as I am guessing your a little flower who likes to be loved. Funny old world.

I marked yours up as I am guessing your a little flower who likes to be loved. Funny old world.

Not getting into a row over this, it's turned into a hijack, but read my post on the 'Mods' thread. It just might sink in. Nothing more to say on the subject.

Edited by Bristolatic

I seem to remember playing ManUre at BP in a friendly, only for people to be disappointed that it was a team of youngsters that we'd never heard of. Latics couldn't get the ball off them, lost 5-0 and the youngsters went on to become household names.

The centenery game?

I seem to remember playing ManUre at BP in a friendly, only for people to be disappointed that it was a team of youngsters that we'd never heard of. Latics couldn't get the ball off them, lost 5-0 and the youngsters went on to become household names.

the only household names i remeber where Lee Sharpe and the mighty champions league appearance holder Michael Clegg

Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor are training with the reserves until they get new clubs.. any possibility they would play?

Actually that's a good shout- as neither have gone off on the tour. Provided they aren't sold by then I can see them playing.

Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor are training with the reserves until they get new clubs.. any possibility they would play?

Ony a pay per play basis for one game, good idea. As they are not contracted to City, I don't see how City can stop them playing for us against them, no.... : :laught30:

Out-of-favour Manchester City forward Roque Santa Cruz, 30, wants to remain in the north west as he seeks new club.

Full story: Daily Mail

So that's us or Fleetwood then ?

Edited by LaticsPete