Boycott the City Game?

Except the ST holders are not enough for the club to break even Lags. We need more and only one thing will get new and old fans back, a bit of excitement.

It does make me wonder what will happen if we ever do get promoted. I hope that people appreciate that prices will go up. Will people want to boycott then?

I think the vast majority would understand promotion would mean higher prices. I am also glad they've got City, i'll be even more pleased if players are paraded that we see on sky, but I seriously doubt that.. Will the stay away be tempted to attend at £15 a pop, not in my book when they know they're touring out of the country. But we all wait and see. Like I said I'll be going just don't agree with the price nor the rule moving our the ST voucher.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im being honest, its a principle thing with me. I wouldn't have paid a quid to go. What was advertised is not being promised.

If a home league game had to have extra police for some reason and the club said "sorry season ticket holders, its a tenner / £15 in" there would be uproar. But the same principle still applies.

If we were told at the start of may. "Voucher would not be valid for a Manchester club friendly" I'd have accepted that. I wont be lied to though, which is what the club have done.

I think thats as much as I have to say on here on the subject.

^^^^

This. I imagine it's in the terms and conditions that they can change what they want though. It's a joke.

Some "latics" fans on here are unbelievable. Quit whinging and don't go! It really is that simple.

Fancy people giving their opinions on a forum, eh? Madness!

And no matter how many times people keep saying "just don't go", it clearly isn't as simple as that. As I've stated before, there's probably hundreds of people, Latics and Citeh fans, who were planning on going to the game that have now been put off because they realise paying £15 for a friendly is absurd. So you can all stop spouting that line.

It's £10 for all fans to watch Grimsby v Doncaster tonight...

All very well season ticket holders feeling rotten because they can't use a free voucher or get in for £10 rather than £15 - but do you honestly think the club hasn't done the maths about predicted attendances etc Clearly the conclusion is that it has to be £15 to cover police costs. It would sell out at £10 but half-ful at £15? The club clearly doesn't think so, and is it worth the risk? Won't City diehards be on the tour abroad rather than go to BP too? Some fans seem to be ignoring reports that some of the big-name Euro players will feature - so they are lies are they? Or is it just a doom and gloom woe is me prediction to justify the argument. So rather than being treated like sh1t (really? Bringing the PL champions to a three-stand ground in our back yard?), wouldn't we be treating the club like sh1t by demanding prices that would result in a loss as a reward for getting this match. This is a rare chance the club has to make some £ at a time when our financial problems have been documented, at a time where we are missing out on a goalscorer as we can't afford him, at a time when revenue from season ticket sales is down, at a time we'll need funds soon for a new stand. This is a one-off showpiece, I'm quite happy coughing up knowing it is helping the club. Corney has said he will do something for season ticket holders after the golden ticket offer, but it appears that is HAS to be this friendly game, rather than something in the season. When people bought their season tickets, surely it was because they support their club - not because they wanted a free stub to watch City. If those ppl aren't prepared to pay the same extra money (compared with £15) as a trip to a cinema or two pints of beer to see some world-class players (oh no sorry I forgot it's cast-iron certainty it will be kids), then just don't go. This boycott talk is nonsense - well done on a boycott, deciding not to help the club you supposedly support. If you've bought a season ticket, you should be proud of your loyalty, not using it as a stick to throw out the pram over what's clearly a coup money-raising friendly fixture that was always going to be used as a tool to help the club's financial position. Give the club a break. Do you honestly think they would take this decision lightly?

Bunn and Scapuzzi are on the tour. City are playing Arsenal in Beijing a few days before.

Noooo! Scapuzzi's not playing? :censored: it, count me in for the boycott, I'm not going if they can't be bothered sending any eye-candy.

Fancy people giving their opinions on a forum, eh? Madness!

And no matter how many times people keep saying "just don't go", it clearly isn't as simple as that. As I've stated before, there's probably hundreds of people, Latics and Citeh fans, who were planning on going to the game that have now been put off because they realise paying £15 for a friendly is absurd. So you can all stop spouting that line.

But where is all the moaning getting you? It's £15, so were simply stating, either pay it or don't. As stated by others I'm sure some other city fans will gladly take the spare seats up.

Some on here just moan for the sake of moaning, some (not all obviously) would have been moaning had latics put it at the standard £10 that latics have missed out on a big oppurtunity to make some money by not upping the prices slightly!

But where is all the moaning getting you? It's £15, so were simply stating, either pay it or don't. As stated by others I'm sure some other city fans will gladly take the spare seats up.

Some on here just moan for the sake of moaning, some (not all obviously) would have been moaning had latics put it at the standard £10 that latics have missed out on a big oppurtunity to make some money by not upping the prices slightly!

Why should moaning (or, to put it another way, stating an opinion) have to get you anywhere? I wouldn't have gone anyway but I still hold the opinion that £15 to watch a non-competitive game is too much.

Where does discussing anything on a messageboard get you? What a strange question

£15 for a friendly is ridiculous. I don't care if City fans will take up the spare seats or not.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/July/Bailey-Blog-Austria-3

4 weeks off for the 'star' players due to come to BP. I can assure you that they will not be playing a match 2 days into their pre season training, the risk of injury would be massive on the back of 4 weeks rest.

I think the reason its all ticket, when you consider they have shafted the season ticket holders over the free entry ticket, is that they want the cash in hand when the squad is announced.

Would have been a nice reward for ST holders to go for free, perhaps just the holders from last year who were told they'd get some compo for the 5 for £15 offer. There would still be room for thousands of City fans to swell the coffers. If only we had 4 stands to accomodate them all.

No problem with it being £15 mind. ST's for free then charge the others whatever they like.

Where does discussing anything on a messageboard get you? What a strange question

£15 for a friendly is ridiculous. I don't care if City fans will take up the spare seats or not.

It wasn't aimed directly at you (although I admit it looked it) I meant because of those moaning there's a few talking about emailing the club etc, it won't get them anywhere.

I've had a season ticket for 23 years, I've never used the vouchers for 10% off at the club shop*. Why? Its nopt about money. Its about Principle.

Simple business point which seems to be missed.

Dont treat your most loyal customers like :censored: - cos you'll be sorry when they are gone.

*I know that is only about £5 sometimes £10 a season, but it builds up if every fan used their vouchers.

1st business principle: you need to make more than you lose.

http://www.mcfc.co.u...-Blog-Austria-3

4 weeks off for the 'star' players due to come to BP. I can assure you that they will not be playing a match 2 days into their pre season training, the risk of injury would be massive on the back of 4 weeks rest.

I think the reason its all ticket, when you consider they have shafted the season ticket holders over the free entry ticket, is that they want the cash in hand when the squad is announced.

Would have been a nice reward for ST holders to go for free, perhaps just the holders from last year who were told they'd get some compo for the 5 for £15 offer. There would still be room for thousands of City fans to swell the coffers. If only we had 4 stands to accomodate them all.

No problem with it being £15 mind. ST's for free then charge the others whatever they like.

Does that basically mean, it will be reserve/youth players they're fielding?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures/First-Team

Seems as though we're in that list....

Yes I know that the bulk of their team are in the Far East but....City are playing Stockport on 28 July. County are advertising it as against City's Elite Development Squad. You'll see it doesn't appear on the First Team fixtures. That seems to indicate that City see the match against Latics as being much more than EDS and including some of their first teamers.

Do people not think that there's just a chance that PD and others might have raised the question about what likely strength team City would field?

In the discussions with City perhaps?

No, no chance City will have made any promises. Latics think, its City so they make it all ticket and sell a few thousand. We find out Harry Bunns understudy is up top and they have already got the cash. No need for as much police as hardly any tickets shifted. Simple.

It wasn't aimed directly at you (although I admit it looked it) I meant because of those moaning there's a few talking about emailing the club etc, it won't get them anywhere.

Ah, fair enough. The 'stop complaining, and just don't go' line seems to be being used a lot on here though. If people aren't happy about it, they're fully justified to air their views. Personally, I don't like the way modern football is going, and a lot of the views in this thread typify that. Caring more about getting City fans money in the coffers than our own supporters...

Players of this calibre don't just take 4 weeks off eating pies. They keep themselves fit and have a club approved fitness program to work to. So a friendly bit-part cameo role would be well within their capabilities.

I doubt they will be playing a game 2 days in. We all hear the importance of pre season, its were they do the hard yards in training. Mario and David will have barely got the sand from between their toes. They play Wolfsburg a week later, my money is on that being their first proper outing. At best we will get Hart, Milner, Lescott and Nasri if their 4 weeks break started the date they were knocked out.

Having said that to any lemons willing to believe they will play their first team please get down to BP and hand over £15 be you City or Oldham.

If your wanting to watch Balo, Silva etc why not spend a little more and take in a proper City 1st team game? Its only down the road and you get to see all the stars.

Ah, fair enough. The 'stop complaining, and just don't go' line seems to be being used a lot on here though. If people aren't happy about it, they're fully justified to air their views. Personally, I don't like the way modern football is going, and a lot of the views in this thread typify that. Caring more about getting City fans money in the coffers than our own supporters...

every body and every fan is entitled to air their views, if you support latics you do it on here

what gets me is, why try and organise a boycott?

it is this simple if you dont want to go whether it be cost, travel, its only a friendly,its a reserve game, we dont have thr RRE,only 3 stands etc etc........DONT GO!

its the lets all boycott it, lets start a march ideas/posts thing appearing more and more on here when people dont agree with something that bugs me

it is black and white...whatever you decide is up to you, just you - GO? DONT GO? great!

for what its worth, after being made redundent last month I more than likley wont be going, but if i was working I would be going even if it was £20- thats my choice

Edited by palmer1

Of course they are, but it's hard to keep sympathetic towards the point of view that the club is constantly trying to screw the fans over. I have no doubt that the City game was organised with the best intentions, but some just see it as another stick to beat the club with.

I don't like the way modern football is going either but that's just tough. We can't beat them, so we might as well play them at their own game and try and make some money out of them.

Edited by JoeP