Worst ever refereeing decision you've seen given against Latics?

I would probably personally go with the Febian Brandy dive for Gillingham against us under Dangerous Dave. But that was probably because I was closer to it than the referee and there was a good second or two between Gregan winning the ball and Brandy falling to the ground like a sack of spuds. I don't normally go nuts at Football matches anymore, usually down to the fact that most things are out of my control but I felt truly cheated at that moment in time so I went nuts to the point where I got told by a steward to calm down who happened to be a fairly attractive female (maybe that was a plot by Gillingham Football club). We happened to bump into one of their players after the game and even he admitted it was a dive, I'd calmed down by then mind

I've probably missed some out but that one sticks in the memory

Edited by Tommy_Fent

1989-90 Nick Henry's long range shot against ManU in the FA Cup replay at Maine Road. Quite clearly crossed the line as witnessed by everyone except the referee.

I know it's a long time ago but it's still very painful!!

This. Always this. Cost us a very winnable FA Cup final place. Joe Worrall the Satan to Roger Milford's deity.

Joslin v Reading October 23rd 1999 (my boys 1st birthday) never handball Kelly saves then the :censored: gives a re-take for encroachment! Then Eichard Graham is rugby tackled late on a and gives :censored: all!

That and Pedersen's tackle on Kanchelskis well outside the area and a pen awarded 29/12/93

Got to say that Mark Clattenberg sending off Pogs on that Tuesday night against Brentford still goes down as the worst decision ever.

Nick Henry's effort in the FA Cup semi final replay at Maine Road was bad, but at least the ref and linesman said they did not see it cross the line. That is a matter of not seeing something.

Clattenberg stated that he saw soemnthing that no one else did. His performance that night for me rankles as not only the worst decision against Latics, but also by far the worst ever referreing performance in a Latics game

It was a cast iron penalty at Gillingham! Gregan hacked him!

As for worst, I remember Phil Joslin allowing Reading to re-take a penalty a few years back for encroachment after Gary Kelly saved the spot kick!

And my mate is marrying Joslin's daughter!!!! The dick!

1st sept 2001 Tranmere away. Culprit - Mick Fletcher.

They had the ball in the corner closest to the latics fans,, (right as we look). They attempted to lump it forward. It cannoned off a tranmere player who was in 10 yards of space and went for a throw in...... he gave it to them. The lino gave it to us and he over ruled him. A fat tranmere fan was stood up doing some over acted big belly laughs.

11 years on and I still get angry thinking about it.

Got to say that Mark Clattenberg sending off Pogs on that Tuesday night against Brentford still goes down as the worst decision ever.

Nick Henry's effort in the FA Cup semi final replay at Maine Road was bad, but at least the ref and linesman said they did not see it cross the line. That is a matter of not seeing something.

Clattenberg stated that he saw soemnthing that no one else did. His performance that night for me rankles as not only the worst decision against Latics, but also by far the worst ever referreing performance in a Latics game

Disagree TT was livid at the time then watched it back on Latics world Pogs was warned for jostling then proceeds to elbow the lad blatantly nailed on red right in front of twatttenberg, sidenote he regard tegypt and new Zealand on Sunday at scum Trafford....

Edited by oafcprozac

when the referee gave a corner to exeter after they missed that penalty , hit the post and went out without it going anywhere near dean brill , yet exeter got the corner and the inevitable happened.

Gregan strangling steve morison and giving a penalty away, i couldnt believe what i was seeing at the time.

Tricky Ricky sending off at home v Arsenal

Not sending off Ian Wright for assault on Earl barret at home v Arsenal (not the same game)

Penalty at Southend against Mike Pollitt for getting up and pushing their player after he had nearly had his head taken off. (saved it though!)

I remember Joslin denying us a few seasons later at Orient when Leon Clarke had a header which crossed the line by about 2 feet which he didn't give

Wasn't that ruled out for offside? He wasn't off but it was the linesman's decision.

Gregan strangling steve morison and giving a penalty away, i couldnt believe what i was seeing at the time.

That wasn't a bad decision, Gregan was just a pillock.

Worst decision I've ever seen - not sending Littlejohn off.

when the referee gave a corner to exeter after they missed that penalty , hit the post and went out without it going anywhere near dean brill , yet exeter got the corner and the inevitable happened.

Brill got a finger on it.

Gregan committed a foul off the ball right in front of the lino.

Edited by opinions4u

My upboat is for making me remember a very bizarre moment

1989-90 Nick Henry's long range shot against ManU in the FA Cup replay at Maine Road. Quite clearly crossed the line as witnessed by everyone except the referee.

I know it's a long time ago but it's still very painful!!

This is definitley the one, changed history as Taggart wouldn't have survived it and we would have been in the FA CUP final

Was that the one that meant pogs missed the play off game v qpr?

He missed the last few games of the season too, we dropped seven points between that Vale game and the end of the season (nine including that game but can't remember if they'd scored when Pogs went off). Could have had auto.

In the playoffs Miskelly was awful, not only fudging up for their goal but also almost decapitating half the defence.

can't remeber his name, but the :censored: who cost us at Portsmouth, 1987, play-off season, 3-0 to squeaky Ball and the referee - sent Lineghan off FFS. Arsehole!!!! Clearly hated us after half-time...something went on...argh...still pisses me off.....what was his name????