• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

Hat-trick Vs Bolton apart (and that was pre-season), he looked raw; cumbersome, slow, erratic, wayward with his shooting and for his size; he didn't impose himself on defenders nor was he a threat at headers.

We already have one of those on the books, and he's ours. Why would we want another one, that isn't ours - to be played over ours?

Unless as others have said, Matt Smith is off on loan to somebody.

Unless Part 2 - this turns out ot be total bollocks and then we'll just keep our own raw but big lad; and not play him!

Meh.

Hat-trick Vs Bolton apart (and that was pre-season), he looked raw; cumbersome, slow, erratic, wayward with his shooting and for his size; he didn't impose himself on defenders nor was he a threat at headers.

that was 2 years ago!

his game could have improved and none of us have seen him kick a ball since that game so we know nothing about him anymore.

Edited by palmer1

that was 2 years ago!

his game could have improved and none of us have seen him kick a ball since that game so we know nothing about him anymore.

The fact that none of us have heard anything about him is as much a concern as it is a justification for signing him.

It would be a bad move all round. If he comes here and is rubbish, where would that leave him with Bolton? He should stick with trying to get in favour at Bolton and we should try and find the experienced striker we need.

The fact that none of us have heard anything about him is as much a concern as it is a justification for signing him.

It would be a bad move all round. If he comes here and is rubbish, where would that leave him with Bolton? He should stick with trying to get in favour at Bolton and we should try and find the experienced striker we need.

Surely if he is good enough to be pushing for a place at Bolton he is just the kind of player we should be looking at?

He isn't good enough to be pushing at Bolton though! He may be able to get the odd place on te bench but he is behind some quality strikers. As joe says we need an experienced striker. Hayes would be ideal but I suspect we would be priced out.

1.if we had heard about him at Bolton then we wouldnt be talking about him as a loan signing

2.I will wager half the players we do sign, people are not clued up on before we are linked or before we see them in a blue shirt

3.if we only signed players that where tearing it up elsewhere scoring goals pushing for championship starts we would have an ever smaller squad that we currently have!

4.we sign journey men, players who have lost their way and young players no-one has heard of

5.if we hadnt previously had Tom on our books, then a youtube video showing his goals for Bolton reserves would have been posted and people would be saying how good he looks!

The goal v Man Utd is different class to take the ball over his shoulder like that, i would be happy with eaves but i would like another out and out striker like a hughes as well but we will only get one as Simmo will play up top or just off the front man from pre-season evidence and got to say he should its his best postion and he could be huge for us this season

The goal v Man Utd is different class to take the ball over his shoulder like that, i would be happy with eaves but i would like another out and out striker like a hughes as well but we will only get one as Simmo will play up top or just off the front man from pre-season evidence and got to say he should its his best postion and he could be huge for us this season

Smith will never make it here, shame seems nice bloke but he is a conference player

But that is the point palmer....we have seen him!

If he signs lets hope the lad as improved greatly.

i remember when we sold him a large percentage wanted him back on loan then for a season!

he was obviously good enough for people then so why have all decided that he needs to be better than that now?

people need to remember he hasn't made it in to Boltons side because he wasn't good enough to play in the premiership doesn't mean he wont now cope and thrive at league 1.

most saw him play 1 pre-seaon friendly and score a hat trick and have not seen him kick a ball since

Edited by palmer1