2006–2010 Sheffield United

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2010–2011 Sheffield United 11 (3)

2011– Blackburn Rovers 1 (0)

2012 →Stevenage (loan) 9 (0)

National team‡

2011– England U19 2 (0)

He's been linked with a more permanent deal to a host of other clubs. Including a p/x with Derby.

At 6ft 3 and able to run 100m in a fraction over 11 sec he is tall and quick, so might not be the poacher some fans have been shouting for. However, by the sound of it though he may have a billy big balls attitude.

Edited by rudemedic

Sounds promising!

Only going off a quick look through some stevenage forums, it seems he has bags of pace but rarely used it. Walks round the pitch with a bit of a billy big balls attitude and apparently got himself sent off that ended up costing stevenage 3 points.

Safe to say they didnt want him back anyway!

As positive as I want to be regarding the fee thats been paid for him, I cant help but say Im disappointed. We're crying out for someone with abit of experience and proven ability. This guy has scored a career total of 3 goals. His stats sounds promising quick and tall, but the column that matters most ie. goals scored leaves alot to be desired. Another player with potential, nothing more. I thought we had those already. Whats the point of getting Taylor if hes not going to get games? Potential is about the future, the season starts in days. As good as Simpson is hes more a goal provider than goal scorer. You could argue we dont have one out and out decent striker. We have a good starting 11 but are we going to struggle for goals yet again?

Hope he proves me wrong but I cant help feeling we're making the same mistakes season after season.

Only going off a quick look through some stevenage forums, it seems he has bags of pace but rarely used it. Walks round the pitch with a bit of a billy big balls attitude and apparently got himself sent off that ended up costing stevenage 3 points.

Safe to say they didnt want him back anyway!

So, in reality, no different to either Leon Clarke or Izale McCloud then in that respect?

Guess we'll wait and see. Matt Chambers is usually bob-on with his info & tweets to I fully expect this to be true.

I remember him breaking into the Sheff Utd side and scoring a couple of 1st team goals that were pretty tasty, and then getting his (at the time) premier league move for big money. I know plenty of clubs make mistakes on players, but the lad clearly has something and I wouldn't read too much into his Stevenage loan - a wide variety of reasons could have been a play for why he wasn't really a success there....

As positive as I want to be regarding the fee thats been paid for him, I cant help but say Im disappointed. We're crying out for someone with abit of experience and proven ability. This guy has scored a career total of 3 goals. His stats sounds promising quick and tall, but the column that matters most ie. goals scored leaves alot to be desired. Another player with potential, nothing more. I thought we had those already. Whats the point of getting Taylor if hes not going to get games? Potential is about the future, the season starts in days. As good as Simpson is hes more a goal provider than goal scorer. You could argue we dont have one out and out decent striker. We have a good starting 11 but are we going to struggle for goals yet again?

Hope he proves me wrong but I cant help feeling we're making the same mistakes season after season.

I know what you're saying - but this pre-season Simpson has been on-fire really in front of goal and had a very productive spell. PD has said he's the best finisher at the club and wants him to continue his form into the season, be more selfish in front of goal and get us goals as well as assists. I think he's showing he's more than capable of that so far.

I know what you're saying - but this pre-season Simpson has been on-fire really in front of goal and had a very productive spell. PD has said he's the best finisher at the club and wants him to continue his form into the season, be more selfish in front of goal and get us goals as well as assists. I think he's showing he's more than capable of that so far.

Agree here. If we can keep Simpson, Croft, Furman and Wes fit, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Simpson getting 20 goals.

Still not the striker we need

This is the striker we've got though and I'd be very surprised if we were to sign another front man after this. Could be a success with us and I clearly hope he is but the disappointing aspect would be it probably would signify the end of the move for Trialist A who I guess was our first choice

fully agree with this, after all, Barcelona don't do too badly without an out and out goalpoacher. If our front 3 or 4 can all chip in with a few goals we'll be ok.

+1

fully agree with this, after all, Barcelona don't do too badly without an out and out goalpoacher. If our front 3 or 4 can all chip in with a few goals we'll be ok.

I remember 2001/2 we finished 9th but was top goalscorers in the division, seem to remember eyres was our top goalscorer with about 13 goals from lw. So you make a valid point.