New Signing - Jordan Slew

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know alot about him so will give him a chance and hopefully he knuckles down works hard and scores some goals!

and i know its not an issue yet and I am clearly getting a head of myself but if he does tear the league up and scores goals and looks the part.........we will have to find someone else in January when he goes back to Blackburn or elsewhere as we cant afford a fee especially one that they will be looking to recoup

I hope we sort that out early, get scouting now and not wait until 31st Jan and bring someone in out of desperation

We need two up front who aren't scared of having a shot. The idea that one has to be a goalscorer and one a provider is full-on bull:censored:.

No one said that the point is its a style of play, a provider like Simpson tends to drop deeper hanging around outside the box or delivering balls into the box rather than be busting a gut to run to get on the end of the cross, as an example. If we dont get a natural goalscorer it'll be upto the midfield to support more or we just wont have enough bodies in the box it happened countless times last season, whereby if Kuqi wasnt there there was no one especially away from home.

No one said that the point is its a style of play, a provider like Simpson tends to drop deeper hanging around outside the box or delivering balls into the box rather than be busting a gut to run to get on the end of the cross, as an example. If we dont get a natural goalscorer it'll be upto the midfield to support more or we just wont have enough bodies in the box it happened countless times last season, whereby if Kuqi wasnt there there was no one especially away from home.

My point is a provider like Simpson needs to stop being a provider like Simpson and get shooting. Two up front responsible for getting goals. That's all I want. If that means more running for the midfield, so be it.

My point is a provider like Simpson needs to stop being a provider like Simpson and get shooting. Two up front responsible for getting goals. That's all I want. If that means more running for the midfield, so be it.

I hear what you say but I dont know if Dickov would want to do that. One of Simpsons best assets is his set plays and his deliveries, would he want to lose that to have Simpson as an out and out striker. All season Simpson was the provider with Kuqi up top. I guess it just highlights how important players like Croft will be.

One thing that as stood out throughout these friendlies other than Simpson getting into the box more. Is How much more dangerous we look from corners and set pieces.

Something we all know has been lacking, so much so I'm sure teams were deliberately giving us corners as a way of running the clock down!

hope he does well. To get games a sheff united and to be signed for a million he must have something about him....

Ive not really heard too much of him but i hope he comes off- like a lot of others i think we need an experienced from man but maybe simspon can do that for us

One thing that as stood out throughout these friendlies other than Simpson getting into the box more. Is How much more dangerous we look from corners and set pieces.

Something we all know has been lacking, so much so I'm sure teams were deliberately giving us corners as a way of running the clock down!

yeah we should have had at leat goal from set plays against Hudds = its about time we started to create something from them on a regular basis and m'chagama has a great delivery

I hear what you say but I dont know if Dickov would want to do that. One of Simpsons best assets is his set plays and his deliveries, would he want to lose that to have Simpson as an out and out striker. All season Simpson was the provider with Kuqi up top. I guess it just highlights how important players like Croft will be.

....adn yet he hasn't been taking them this pre-season has he? M'Changama has been taking free-kicks and corners; and even Millar took a few corners ahead of Robbie.

Simpson has been in the box. As he probably should be, being a striker who is over 6ft tall and decent in the air.

Simpson & Trialist A linked really well - it looks like Rui Miguel wont now be signing - but the principle of play should still stand...and that means Simpson interchanging between the #10 deeper role and the front man role. I actually think that Simpson will be our top scorer this season, he looks to be getting into goal-scoring positions more than last season, and he seems to be relishing the extra responsibility.

OT- welcome to BP Jordan. If we use his pace right, it will be a weapon alright. Feck me, 11.2secs for the 100m is frightning and League One CB's will be bricking it at facing that if we use it right.

I'm very optimistic about this. From what I saw of him for Sheffield United at the end of the season before last he looked like a beast, especially considering that he was only 18! If he uses his pace to stretch defences our midfield could have a field day, even if he isn't that prolific.

If he proves to be a flop then so be it, but I think Dickov and the club have made a shrewd move here.

I suspect Owen will retire in the next 3 weeks.

Retire?! What a waste. Obviously fallen out of love with the game or he'd be offering to play for free just to get himself in the shop window. Worth an ask! Ha ha.

I'll admit he isn't the player I would have wanted, but he's here now. We've seen Tom Eaves, but the majority of us don't really know Slew. Obviously, he's entitled to his chance and he'll get one. However, I must admit I don't like what is becoming a habit with a lot of supporters: within two minutes some were questioning his attitude. Some did the same with Connor Brown when the news of his signing broke.

Has he had a pre-season? Is he fit? And why, if he has been our number one target this summer, has he only been given a six-month loan? It could be another example of Corney's applaudable shrewdness. Should it not quite work out then we do have that option of sending him back to Blackburn - but isn't a six-month loan contract deemed to be a long-term deal, thus effecting any future business we do in January should we need to look at the loan market again?

All we can say right now is good luck and hopefully he is a success.

O.k., so the loan to Stevenage wasn't a roaring success but it depends on how we utilize his pace and power.

Running the 100m in 11.2 seconds is impressive but running it with a ball and keeping hold of the ball is a different matter entirely.

Not what we were expecting but best of luck to the lad, I hope the loan goes well for both club and player.