Away regulars - MK Dons, who's going? If not, why not?

MK Dons - who's going. If not, why not?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. MK Dons - who's going?

• I would but, I'll never give my money to them
    • I'm not because I'm not happy with Latics/Dickov etc...
    • I'm not for non-football reasons
    • I hate everything they represent but, I'll be there, reluctantly
    • I'll be there, no problem with MK Dons
    • I'm still undecided

I'll talk how I like, thanks. I'm not really a Devil's Advocate kinda guy, either. I'm genuinely yet to hear a convincing reason why it's morally reprehensible to consider MK Dons 'just another club'.

Apart from the fact that they completely stripped a proud club of its name, history and supporters and moved 70 odd miles away to start up a franchise they're a perfectly wonderful club.

They're scum, I view them in the same respect I view :censored: on the bottom of my trainer. A disgusting image of the way modern football is going.

50354_247030311967_6708544_n.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the trophies are on public display at Morden Library in Merton, alongside other Wimbledon FC club memorabilia.

The Wimbledon Guardian newspaper has been running a campaign, backed by former Wimbledon FC players, called "Drop the Dons", which aims to persuade the owners of Milton Keynes Dons to remove "Dons" from the club's name. The campaign is also backed by both Merton MPs and all 60 of the borough's councillors.

I'd love every football fan to publicly back this campaign. I despise everything they stand for. But I'm still going tomorrow, to support my team.

Relevant facts, Milton Keynes station (where the old ground used to be) is closer by road to Northampton town's ground than Boundary Park is to Old Trafford.

Stadium MK is closer to Kenilworth Road by road than BP is to OT.

No local club for Milton Keynes?

As for Pompey well they've won/bought a trophy using money they didn't have. If a person bought something they couldn't afford they would have to return it. The claim they have to the FA cup win is currently only a fraction larger than MK Dons have to Wimbledon's.

To return to original question. Whilst I don't go "regularly" to away games I've better things to do today than spend a considerable number of hours to watch 11+ potentially 3 more men, that I actually care about, kick a football about with a similar number of men, that I currently dislike, trying to stop them in a facility paid for by someone I hope rots in hell.

Good luck today lads I'm on the way to the emirates as we speak will be keeping an eye on the result

Went mk last year nice bar under the stadium had few drinks in remember parking prices was like £8 or something and we were dire, think can get a point today good time to play the league fav when they are not yet settled and we have a full strength side

C 'mon latics buzzing to get to BP my 1st of season

Pompey: I feel for the fans here because they are loosing the club they love(and as they have a mostly local fanbase the team they would have been affiliated to).

They got caught on a flasely induced high but we all know that artificially induced highs create a much bigger low and that is what they are experiencing at the moment. Chris Moore tried to buy us into the championship, fortunately(because if he had succeeded I really worry about the amount he would have spent getting us into the prem)with money he didn't have. A lot of us were bought into Moore whilst it was happening and only after the event did we realise how close we were to going out of business. We were lucky, Pompey's fans may not be as fortunate as us.

MK Dons: The problem here is that they took someone else's bond and started a model that looked something like the US. MK wanted its own team but as previous posts said took the quick and dirty option to secure league football on a hockey pitch. That has threatened Northampton Town's development, contributed to the failure of Rushden and Diamonds(yes I know they were a phoenix club to, but they at least started at lower pyramid levels) and haven't helped Luton's cause and have perhaps stifled the growth of a true MK team that someone probably would have invested in at sometime and with the catchment available. Saying that it is a friendly well run club but is born out of a nasty experiment the like of which I hope we don't see again.

So I hope eventually they fail and maybe a true phoenix club that starts at a lower level is born and then MK can have a team that is born from MK and not Merton. Merton council and the NIMBYS in that area are just as culpable around the failure of Wimbledon to survive in its inital format.