Big big fixture tonight

A 3rd bottom placed Latics side face bottom club Walsall in the first massive 6 pointer of the season.

Hopefully a bumper crowd bolstered with the new £10 poms (not the Aussie ones of the mid 40's and 50's) but the Proselytized Oldhams missed Supporters, will cheer the boys on to victiory.

Edited by Lags

I really dont like the way this message board has started this season - the band wagon is already starting to build pressure on a young manaer and group of player with expectations incredibly high. There are 40+ games to go and while we will be looking at this one as a potential 3 points - so will walsall its far to early to call this a 6 pointer - they come at the end of the season when everyone is scrapping for points. If we loose tonight is a poor result but theres plenty of time to turn it round...

I really dont like the way this message board has started this season - the band wagon is already starting to build pressure on a young manaer and group of player with expectations incredibly high. There are 40+ games to go and while we will be looking at this one as a potential 3 points - so will walsall its far to early to call this a 6 pointer - they come at the end of the season when everyone is scrapping for points. If we loose tonight is a poor result but theres plenty of time to turn it round...

I think that Lags may have had tongue in cheek when saying 6 pointer .

Like you I think the "catastrophic start to the season" has been overdone. But this board does have a tendency to swing from extreme to extreme - a loss and sack the manager, chairman, we've got crap players etc, a win and the play offs beckon.

Could set the mood for the whole season the next 5 days win twice which we are more than capable of and the excitment will start

Its a big game as its one that we should win even a draw wouldnt be good enough

The 1st win is so important and would ease the pressure going into saturday

As it goes think we will win 2-0

My boy is mascot tonight. If anyone would be to blame for a defeat, it'll be him the no-good jinx.

He'll be the one on the pitch when the players are warming up that ISN'T Billy Q.

o4u Jr's mascot record is poor.

P2 W0 D0 L2 F2 A7 Pts 0.

Your lad can improve on that!

Hope he has a fantastic night.

Edited by opinions4u

If we are to make life easier for ourselvs, we really need to win this, but not a catastrophe if we don't Lose though, and it does not auger well.

AS with Saturday, it will be the way we play that matters.

If we can bounce back from SAturday, then it will lift everyone.

More of the same from SAturday (and last season) then it makes a mockery of wanting players who will run though brick walls players

Out of intrest how much is it to get your kid as a mascot if dont mind me asking and what do you get for the money?

Mascots are drawn from attendees at Boundary Blues Christmas and end of season parties. As of this season, junior season ticket holders are automatically BB members. Once drawn, you get a couple of tickets to the match, they meet their favourite player and go home in the knowledge that their life will most likely fail to reach such a high again.

i know what you're saying but, managing a football club is, and should be, a high pressure job.

for everyone who claims it's the end of the world if we lose there seems to be someone else who thinks it fine, not a problem.

you're both wrong.

thankfully, it's highly unlikely Dickov reads any of this :censored:, so it doesn't really matter. carry on.... :grin: