Deadline Day Thread

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The beauty of having 3-4 matches before the deadline for transfers is that you can see issues early and attempt to remedy them with a new signing before the problem augments itself into a bad September to January period.

If Dickov says he didn't see any issues in his team then he is dellusional. He has faith in them but faith is belief with no evidence, which can be the only explaination for his stubborness in the final day of the transfer market being open.

Please, Paul. Bring in a few players. A striker and a cover for CB is needed.

What Prozac said. Anyone out of contract and 3 month loans start again soon. If we don't get any more international call-ups and unless Wes makes a quicker than expected recovery I can see us getting a midfielder as soon as the window re-opens.

Got no money and Corney safely in the US of A. There is hope however as we are in tangerine tomorrow - I fancy our first win is on the cards. Also might go to Donny with Simpson and Mellor in mid field and two yes two strikers up front!

Hopefully the Stephens transfer happens and someone makes a bid for Richards. The pay check from both of these don't get addressed to Corney so it doesn't go in his back pocket.

Edited by brad

Hopefully the Stephens transfer happens and someone makes a bid for Richards. The pay check from both of these don't get addressed to Corney so it doesn't go in his back pocket.

Of course, the directors of the football club could make a decision to repay debt with the proceeds of any transfer income.

So maybe straight in to Blitz's back pocket.

With a fully fit squad (with the exception of Wesolowski) it's clear we're not up to speed with the rest of the division.

I was always 100% behind PD but watching the last x4 performances I've been shocked as to how poor we have been fitness wise and the whole general attitude.

It feels like we've gone back to the last days of Sheridan - no one giving a damn, or at the very least, giving that impression to the fans.

So why aren't we trying to secure some loan signings or free signings? I know money is tight but surely PD has to be perceived to be trying to bring more in, even if it's to give the players already here a kick up the backside?!!

ssn understands aston villa have upped their bid for charlton midfielder dale stephens

Edit* looks as though this is the final offer for stephens.... http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/08/31/aston-villa-wait-on-charlton-after-fresh-bid-for-dale-stephens-97319-31736307/

in other news real madrid miss out on maicon who signs for city pushing another real madrid target micah richards further down the pecking order........i wonder

Edited by 4froale

If one of you got a sighting of John Utaka busking outside Boundary Park on to the Beeb deadline day thread well done.

chuckled at that

Dave Morris, via text: "I have just seen John Utaka busking outside Boundary Park. Is a move from Montpellier to Oldham on the cards?"