Relief

I was so pissed off at last week's performance that I booked an appointment at the hairdressers for 4pm today so I wouldn't have to listen to the 2nd half. *slow handclaps self* So what did I miss? Sounded pretty same old 1st half, was it better 2nd half or was it a flukey goal? And what's this about Cliff Byrne being sent off by mistake?

still need 3 players on loan to give us a half decent base of cover aside from the kids on the bench today.

Clarke on loan as another strike option, a CM and another full back/cb

max 3 min 2

great win today and we battled well with Montano running the show as i and others predicted (Taylor who?)

BUT we need to build on it - we have already 1 injury and now 1 ban and already we can't cope numbers-wise

I don't really know what the performance was like today, but i was one who has been scathing of our efforts so far, so, credit were credit is due, a very welcome 3pts.

Now let's build on it. I still feel the squad is wafer thin though and hope we'll be strengthened sooner rather than later.

I was so pissed off at last week's performance that I booked an appointment at the hairdressers for 4pm today so I wouldn't have to listen to the 2nd half. *slow handclaps self* So what did I miss? Sounded pretty same old 1st half, was it better 2nd half or was it a flukey goal? And what's this about Cliff Byrne being sent off by mistake?

I've only been to the MK game so far, so can't compare to the home games, but we were much better today. Seemed to raise our game for the big crowd - got stuck in and chased and pressed all over the park.

Looked a bit dodgy the first 15 minutes - they tried the ball over the top for McLeod to run on to, and they probably should have been 1-0 up early doors. After that M'Voto and Byrne started to take charge, and their strikers disappeared. We really should have gone in ahead after an almighty scramble in their box. No idea how we didn't score. Smith was giving their defence plenty to think about, really getting stuck in and making much more of an impact than Slew.

We started well in the second half, and looked the only side likely to make anything happen. Montano was playing well, very creative, and Croft was involved every time we went forward. We were playing on the counter, and that lead to our goal - looked like a pass across the area, but their defender slid it in. We'd almost scored a few minutes earlier when Montano bent one round the keeper. Looked like it was going wide but hit the post. If it'd been harder it'd probably have rebounded to Smith. Red card for their lad was fine - looked like he kicked out. No idea why Byrne went though - web suggests it should have been Connor, but didn't see him do anything wrong either. Taking Simmo off was the right move - Tarky did well, and although they then had most of the ball, they didn't really have any decent chances.

All in all a good 3 points, and nice to see Dicky do the Dowie fist pump at the end.

notice all the 'dickov outers' are very quiet tonight..

Probably still travelling back from the game joe, to be fair :shifty:

Didn't hear any abuse towards Dickov at all - a few 'one paul dickov' chants, and the 'dickov give us a wave' one. Plenty of applause and stuff for him at the end too when he came over to celebrate.

Probably still travelling back from the game joe, to be fair :shifty:

Didn't hear any abuse towards Dickov at all - a few 'one paul dickov' chants, and the 'dickov give us a wave' one. Plenty of applause and stuff for him at the end too when he came over to celebrate.

Support the team away, save the protests for a home game.

tell u what, ..it's a different kettle of fish than it was last year.. we thought that we would coast home this season.....

after today's performance hmmm well i ain't to sure..maybe just maybe we might grab a cup it's much tighter than last year but then again rather be a BLUE than a red....on a brighter note the new signings will only enhance the team as always the chairman puts his money where his mouth is ..keep cheering lads that's What footy is all about supporting the blues with u all the way chow fer now a ps any moaning twats that don't like what they see well :censored: off to the etihad i know lots that have

notice all the 'dickov outers' are very quiet tonight..

It's a very small step in the right direction but let's not kid ourselves that there aren't issues.

People would be quick to criticise 'outers' if they weren't quiet tonight.

For the record I'm neither an 'inner' nor a 'outer', more of a 'don't really care either wayer'.

Support the team away, save the protests for a home game.

Get behind the team at away games but boo them (creating a bad atmosphere and putting people off going to the game) at the games that the club actually makes money from? Sorry, can't agree with you on that one.

Kinda in the middle, but leaning more towards an outer than inner. Think he should be judged after 15-20 rather than after 10. Guessing most of the outers either didn't see the game, or have been travelling back tonight so some of the more outspoken outers will probably be posting in the morning.

Didnt see the game or listen to any LP commentary so not exactly in a position to give a view on the game.

A win is a win though so well done PD and the team and the supporters who went today.. Hopefully its a start of a turn around and we can use this win to give us some momentum and string some good results together and prove us doubters wrong..

Get behind the team at away games but boo them (creating a bad atmosphere and putting people off going to the game) at the games that the club actually makes money from? Sorry, can't agree with you on that one.

My point was you travel away to support your team, not moan! It's a complete waste of time and money.

Although I never mentioned booing, you raise an interesting point about booing being inappropriate. In my opinion there are many things putting people off attending Rosa, including the stadium, the lack of atmosphere, the monotony of league 1 football, the price, and negative tactics (All of which I would consider to be a problem). Now a good few people now believe that there are sufficient problems at latics to consider wanting a change. I personally am of the belief that we are not at this stage yet, but unless we win games quickly and more importantly start playing decent attacking football, we could be soon. In the last few days we have seen the following people's abilities to assist in the running of the football club questioned on here

Bill Quarmby

Jenny Warby

Paul Dickov

Gerry Taggert

Simon Corney

Paul Bulter

Neil Joy

Numerous players

Oldham Council

If you think booing is a bad idea, then how (when and if the time comes) would you suggest fans sets about creating change? A strongly worded letter to the chron? A nasty tweet finished with #oafc? Setting fire to the executive boxes?

My point was you travel away to support your team, not moan! It's a complete waste of time and money.

Although I never mentioned booing, you raise an interesting point about booing being inappropriate. In my opinion there are many things putting people off attending Rosa, including the stadium, the lack of atmosphere, the monotony of league 1 football, the price, and negative tactics (All of which I would consider to be a problem). Now a good few people now believe that there are sufficient problems at latics to consider wanting a change. I personally am of the belief that we are not at this stage yet, but unless we win games quickly and more importantly start playing decent attacking football, we could be soon. In the last few days we have seen the following people's abilities to assist in the running of the football club questioned on here

Bill Quarmby

Jenny Warby

Paul Dickov

Gerry Taggert

Simon Corney

Paul Bulter

Neil Joy

Numerous players

Oldham Council

If you think booing is a bad idea, then how (when and if the time comes) would you suggest fans sets about creating change? A strongly worded letter to the chron? A nasty tweet finished with #oafc? Setting fire to the executive boxes?

Nope I would also suggest that the great majority of posters have no clue what the people here listed actually do on a day to day basis and , and are therefore not qualified to know if for the investment available in them gives a good return. Therefore the tittle tattle on here is of little merit.

Until you actually have an informed view based on fact rather than conjecture I suggest we may as well support the team and management. Actually if there is a good atmosphere on match day the players may respond and enjoy playing in front of "supporters" and raise their game. This may help improve results, bring some stayaways/floating fans back who may in turn enjoy the experience and keep coming back. This will boost the coffers and we may at worse become a saleable item and you get your wish for change.

Just a thought

I really don't know, to be honest. I do think our biggest problem is our falling attendances, and I think the negative atmosphere is one of the reasons people don't go. Not the main reason - as you say, there are lots of things putting people off going, mainly the decrepit state of the ground and the uninspiring performances on the pitch - but I don't think adding to the craporama at Boundary Park by focusing on booing and calling for people's heads is the answer.

I really don't know, to be honest. I do think our biggest problem is our falling attendances, and I think the negative atmosphere is one of the reasons people don't go. Not the main reason - as you say, there are lots of things putting people off going, mainly the decrepit state of the ground and the uninspiring performances on the pitch - but I don't think adding to the craporama at Boundary Park by focusing on booing and calling for people's heads is the answer.

First game for me and I was grilled a little about attendance - it does make me think I need to get back into more of a routine to make home games, it's easy to fall out of it.