Our fans at Pompey

Did not manage to get to the game so kicking myself especially after bagging the 3 points.

Could anyone tell me how many fans made the journey?

Looked like about 500 on the telly box. But I don't know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/tv/episode/b01mm20v/ 53.48

Edited by opinions4u

I guessed at 350 there but I heard reports of between 250-300 which seemed a bit low.

Anyway, the fans were tremendous. I think it genuinely made an impact on the players too. They pressed all match, especially at the away end. I couldn't believe it when there were 3 Latics players furiously closing down Portsmouth's left back in casual possession of the ball near his own goal. Credit to the players. They worked so hard in that match helped by the fans I think.

Gutted I wasn't there fair play to those that went. Yesterday afternoon I was on a train going to Piccadilly which was full of City fans so I checked Twitter and it came up from Matt Chambers that we'd scored. Unaware of my surroundings I let out a cheer looking like a right muppet in the process but tbh I was shocked. Eventually I explained to a group of City fans the situation and he was a bit cheesed off because they all had home win down on their respective accumulators. Has anyone else ever cheered a goal in a public place when you've not been at game?

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Gutted I wasn't there fair play to those that went. Yesterday afternoon I was on a train going to Piccadilly which was full of City fans so I checked Twitter and it came up from Matt Chambers that we'd scored. Unaware of my surroundings I let out a cheer looking like a right muppet in the process but tbh I was shocked. Eventually I explained to a group of City fans the situation and he was a bit cheesed off because they all had home win down on their respective accumulators. Has anyone else ever cheered a goal in a public place when you've not been at game?

Yeah a few times- happens quite a bit as an exile.

Seeing a few tweets about our fans singing "We are the Oldham, we sat on a swan"? WTF? :grin:

At first I thought they were singing, "I'm sat in a slum". A bit unkind I thought until I realised it was a bloody swan. I still don't get it. Noisy set of buggers though, weren't we? Had to be at least 300.