asking price

is £6m or £8m which has been mentioned an overflated price for a league 1 club like us?

i remember SC a while ago saying he has turned down offers for us because ''they are not right for the club''

were these offers right for the club instead of not being right for Blitz and Gazal?

is £6m or £8m which has been mentioned an overflated price for a league 1 club like us?

i remember SC a while ago saying he has turned down offers for us because ''they are not right for the club''

were these offers right for the club instead of not being right for Blitz and Gazal?

£8m I was told, and you've answered your own question there imo...

£8m was the club and land etc lock, stock and barrel

I would say then that the land was valued by the bidder at £8m. I presume they were also looking at a write off of existing debts? Anyone, be it Blitz or any other investor, wanting to make the biggest profit would close the football club down tomorrow.

The fact that Jordan Rhodes is worth £8 million and Oldham Athletic football club with land, employees and 100 years worth of history and tradition included is worth :censored: all tells you everything that you need to know while showing you everything that is wrong with the state of the professional game in this country in 2012!

The fact that Jordan Rhodes is worth £8 million and Oldham Athletic football club with land, employees and 100 years worth of history and tradition included is worth :censored: all tells you everything that you need to know while showing you everything that is wrong with the state of the professional game in this country in 2012!

We make a loss. What value is there on a loss making business? Land aside our only assets are the players, not many of who could be sold for a lot, and a place in a league in which most clubs lose money. It's just facts...

We make a loss. What value is there on a loss making business? Land aside our only assets are the players, not many of who could be sold for a lot, and a place in a league in which most clubs lose money. It's just facts...

I understand the facts and that we make a loss! however the fact that 1 player and an average player at that is worth over 10 times what a potential employer is worth tells you that there is something wrong in the way the game of football is run in this day and age.....

unfortunately it will never change and ultimately it is these sort of things that will kill the game at this level - over a 10 years of 4/5 leagues at a professional level will be killed off forever

no argument can make that right!

Edited by palmer1

Without knowing the details, you couldn't possibly start to answer that one.

Not in my opinion, the business has been loss making for quite a while and employees really only equal expenditure. If the club made money or had the potential to, the tradition potentially could be worth something, but it's not.

Not in my opinion, the business has been loss making for quite a while and employees really only equal expenditure. If the club made money or had the potential to, the tradition potentially could be worth something, but it's not.

well thats your opinion but i wouldn't have thought that most clubs in league 1 or 2 are worth £8million (there are exceptions obviously)

but should an employee of a company be worth more than the company that employs them??

A player and a club are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. There's no objective or moral standard here, like it or not. If someone is willing to pay £8m for Rhodes than that's what he's worth (to that club or person, even if not to anybody else in the world). Conversely, if nobody wants to stump up £1m, or £5m, or £8m for OAFC then it's hard to argue why the club is worth that amount.

The other way to look at it is that Blackburn are paying for an asset to bring their trophies and increase their income. That's what he's worth to them. Buying OAFC is unlikely to bring anyone anything more than a money pit.

Of course, you could argue that the collective weight of history and community has worth, but could you assign a monetary value to it? My memories are priceless to me, but worthless to pretty much anyone else.

Edited by Crusoe

If this figure is true then, let's face it, the club is not for sale, in spite of claims that it would be 'to the right person/people'.

The club is not worth that amount to anyone, probably not even a property developer who wants nothing more than the land.