simpson's penalty miss

If Dickov would have had any balls he wouldn't have been on the pitch second half so wouldn't have missed it. His confidence looked shot all through the game, his body language said he didn't want to even be on the pitch. Another Dickov mistake that has cost us points.

Weirdly everything that is good about the team is down to Dickov. He has built a very strong squad that on paper is excellent. It's just a real shame he is such a poor man manager and tactician. He should consider a job in sales or as one of these 'technical director' roles.

His earlier free kick had hit the second E on the roof of the "Detect All Alarm" stand.

The bloke's moved club, had a big pay cut and moved house recently. That would knock the best of us off our stride in life.

But let's be honest. He's spent all season trying to cheat, not play football to the best of his ability. Drop him. Bollock him. Make him fight for his place.

Edited by opinions4u

I had tweeted to ask what time the 'Robbie Simpson' thread would be opening on here about 5 minutes before the miss. I think he's a fine player who is struggling at the minute. Whether he's carrying a knock or not I don't know but where I've seen him constantly receive and never waste a ball a few months ago, at the moment it isn't happening. It was obvious that the penalty wasn't going to end up on target and, whilst we have options, he should be benched so that he's able to come back stronger rather than plod on, trying to play through a run of bad form.

He's constantly dropping too deep and had no need to do against ten men even with 11 he didn't need to be there with wes and Furman there. He left MD so isolated Baxter was on the field 15-20 mins got his arse in the boxand was unlucky to not get a brace time for a prolonged spell on the bench for mr Simpson he's been mostly poor since January

-

Like him as a midfielder, link up player but he's not a striker, he's not a finisher, surely the first and managerial team have observed over the last year that he's not going to score 1 on 1's regularly, so why allow him to take it?

Should have been a proper striker taking it or a composed finisher.

Like him as a midfielder, link up player but he's not a striker, he's not a finisher, surely the first and managerial team have observed over the last year that he's not going to score 1 on 1's regularly, so why allow him to take it?

Should have been a proper striker taking it or a composed finisher.

This.....

as someone said the other week his a decent footballer on his day but he doesnt excel in anyone position he is not an out and out forward. and we are not getting the best out of him at the moment he also seemed really slow today for some reason, maybe just cos the county players were all fairly mobile. He needs benching for a bit tho he was poor today and the pen summed it up.

This.....

as someone said the other week his a decent footballer on his day but he doesnt excel in anyone position he is not an out and out forward. and we are not getting the best out of him at the moment he also seemed really slow today for some reason, maybe just cos the county players were all fairly mobile. He needs benching for a bit tho he was poor today and the pen summed it up.

Simpson has had a big rest so should have been sharp today, but wasn't, is he carrying an injury I wonder?

Thought as much!

the guy should not have been on the pitch in the first place,when i saw him taking the pen we all said he would miss,ffs he nearly put it in the same spot he put the free kick,points dropped but a much improved display,so not too pissed off bar simos performance,he needs too warm the bench pronto