if only we had this guy in the team our forwards would have a ball

Oh brilliant he'll rip us apart. Need Wes to stick to him like glue, but he always amends his game to suit the match as the 90mins enfolds. He'll drop deeper and deeper to influence the game.

We'll need to go 3 in midfield with Baxter deep and I'd personally play Simmo on the right supporting Derbyshire. Crofty was very poor on Sat.

I'm not joining in with this self-hatred over the Wellens - Whitaker thing. Most of us acknowleged that Wellens was the superior player but many off us preferred the way we were playing at the time the question was asked. I will stand by that.

We were top of the league IIRC.

Whitaker for England I say!

I'm not joining in with this self-hatred over the Wellens - Whitaker thing. Most of us acknowleged that Wellens was the superior player but many off us preferred the way we were playing at the time the question was asked. I will stand by that.

That's a fair point. I think a few of us may have been bitter about Wellens leaving too iirc.

Yes. For the first 10-15 games that season he looked great as did the team.

We were doing better than we had with Wellens there previously.

(Baggsy the "Baxter or Wellens?" Poll in a few games time)

I'm with LL on this, i think i even voted Casper on that poll.

I may be in the minority, but i didnt think Wellens was 'all that' for us. He's held up as some sort of demi-God by some on here, and maybe my memory is clouded somewhat - but i didnt think he was as good as he's made out to be.

I was at the Bradford away game, and i believe that to be his finest game for us. But - i also remember Wellens to be a player who had an ego; he wanted everything to go through him, and snapped & moaned like mad when it didnt do. And, in wanting thr ball all the time; moves slowed down & broke down by his involement. I dont remember ( thats not to say there werent like) too many more examples like the Bradford game; where him demanding thr ball all the time benifitted us as side and he was able to basically run the game?

I don't think there was ever a poll on here of Wellens or Killkenny? IMO, Neil Killkenny had more impact on games than Wellens did. I'd even go as far as saying so too did Dale Stephens. I'm not for one moment saying Richie Wellens is a poor player; because he's not. Far from

it. Or that Killkenny or Stephens are better players than him. What i'm saying is; for all his talents, i dont remember him using them to dominate games and single handedly win us matches on his own, the Bradford away game withstanding.