• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my faith that Croft hasn't done it.

looking that way, a big claim to make if the ballboy has said it..

but if croft did say something racist, i'd want the club to take a strong stance and think carefully if they need to back him, look how Chelsea have looked with the Terry scenario

still, it seems Croft got angry and didn't say anything too much out of order

You have to be a special sort of vile human to wish someone gets AIDS in both ears.

Took me ages to work out what he meant, I genuinely thought he meant hearing aids.

Medically speaking, are the ears a common site of transmission for blood-borne viruses, doctor?

looking that way, a big claim to make if the ballboy has said it..

but if croft did say something racist, i'd want the club to take a strong stance and think carefully if they need to back him, look how Chelsea have looked with the Terry scenario

still, it seems Croft got angry and didn't say anything too much out of order

Club need to step back from the incident, take the 'no comment' approach.

We don't need another Kenny Dalglish :wink:

Took me ages to work out what he meant, I genuinely thought he meant hearing aids.

Medically speaking, are the ears a common site of transmission for blood-borne viruses, doctor?

No- although it would be possible to contract AIDS and other blood born viruses through the ears.

Everyone relax. The ballboy said he didn't hear anything of the abuse he so richly earned by pissing Croft around. Sky talk nonsense all the time - the idea is that one bit of bull:censored: in a thousand generates an actual story. No one has been arrested. No one will be arrested.

It's a bit of a bugger when he breaks down in tears and has to be consoled by several Blades (as reported on one of their boards) when he's heard nothing. What the hell would happen if he'd got a right gobfull?

He needs to take lesson from one of our own ballboys who mysteriously couldn't find the ball in the empty RRE in the televised game against the Dongs last season. Look innocent and act dumb.

Everyone relax. The ballboy said he didn't hear anything of the abuse he so richly earned by pissing Croft around. Sky talk nonsense all the time - the idea is that one bit of bull:censored: in a thousand generates an actual story. No one has been arrested. No one will be arrested.

Whilst in the most part I'd agree I'd be a bit concerned that it wasn't the ball-boy who is making the racist claim. It's one of their fans who heard Croft say something which could get him into trouble.

LATICS CLUB STATEMENT

Oldham Athletic Football Club was made aware by South Yorkshire Police after today’s npower League One match at Sheffield United of an allegation of racist abuse by one of its players.

The player has categorically denied the allegation and the Club and his team mates are fully supportive of him.

The Club understands that the police are making inquiries into the allegation and, as a result, will not be making any further statements in relation to this matter.

Do we have a pic of said ballboy to determine his ethnic origin? Or does anyone recall what he looks like. That bit hasn't been mentioned plus, if just one of their fans heard something, isn't it odd that his neighbours haven't reported anything. Or have they? Or was said spectator stood all on his tod?

I'm not trying to find Croft innocent for the sake of it. Let's face it, if he did make a racist comment, he's a very stupid lad, but it could just be a conspiracy theory expanded from a couple of swear words to something more personal. Time will tell, no doubt.

It's a bit of a bugger when he breaks down in tears and has to be consoled by several Blades (as reported on one of their boards) when he's heard nothing. What the hell would happen if he'd got a right gobfull?

He needs to take lesson from one of our own ballboys who mysteriously couldn't find the ball in the empty RRE in the televised game against the Dongs last season. Look innocent and act dumb.

Haha classic

Boom!!!

Should a kid/ball boy be subject to any kid of swearing/angry overtones from a professional footballer at any ground? I know if I heard it at bp I'd be the first to complain.

We are a family club, It should not be tolerated, the player represents us

And I like this player too,but if true then the club have to punish him - sorry

Boom!!!

Should a kid/ball boy be subject to any kid of swearing/angry overtones from a professional footballer at any ground? I know if I heard it at bp I'd be the first to complain.

Boom? You seem to be revelling in this?

The kid was more than likely a loud mouth 14 year old little :censored:? Yes he probably deserved a bollocking for cocking about!

Boom!!!

No, he shouldn't be subjected to any profanities whatsoever and a professional footballer should be just that. Professional. Let's hope that it turns out to be nothing at all, for it would harm the player, the club and football at a time when it needs all the good press it can get.

Maybe we have to understand that, in the heat of the moment when your chasing an equaliser, emotions run high. It's passion. Not an excuse, but maybe understandable in the circumstances. If, and I say if, it was a racist comment, that that is unforgivable. If it was a simple swear word, then it's ill advised but probably nothing more than you hear from pitchside every game. From players and fans alike.

Boom!!!

Jesus, go to bed.

He deliberately knocked the ball away, croft has probably swore at him ( which is unfortunate ) but in the heat of battle emotions run high.

I would struggle to understand if there's more to it than this, amidst all the recent furore. Let's hope the media are as quick to put the record straight if it has all been blown out of proportion.