Sweetest point I can remember....

The elation I felt from that goal was one of my greatest moments as a long standing Latics supporter, seriously on a par with Redders pen vs Sheff Weds all those years ago.

We battered them first half, closed them down, hunted in packs and played them off the park, we needed an end product but they are very organised at the back and we couldn't pierce them in the last third with enough quality.

Second half they naturally regrouped and Big Jean lost his head, gifting them a stupid penalty. They then sat back and tried to take the sting out of our enthusiastic approach, they were so bloody negative it was untrue. They were playing for time for a full 20 mins before the 90 was up, even the ball boys were in on it.....I just had that feeling though that we might nick one!

Enter big Matt Smith and the rest is history....the scenes that followed will live with me for a long, long time.....every emotion possible was on show from fans, players and staff to a man. I swear that I never caught my breath for minutes after the goal and my stomach is still hurting from that roar that started it's journey from the pit of my belly.

The celebrations with the players on the final whistle must've lasted a good ten minutes.....today is the reason why the majority of us come back week after week!! #fantasticday

Said to WardleLatic after JYM's Brain Fart, that they will revert to Danny Wilson type now and try and close out at 1-0. It got ridiculous, when Bouzy came up for the corner and their keeper would not simply not release the all with the goal gaping like Jodie Marsh spreadeagled…it was then I knew we'd nick one and it was thoroughly deserved. But they proved today (Sheff Utd) what a poor league this is, it's wide open - get the cheque book out Simon and get Baxter, Wabara and Derbyshire signed up for the season (obviously two rely on the decisions of Forest and City) but we've suddenly clicked and we need momentum, decimating the team will only be the poorer...

As for PD for once his throwing on of Smith paid dividends, Simpson though had a colour-blind afternoon shall we say but it was pleasing to really go for it as they dropped deeper and deeper.

The ref? What a cock! JYM was fouled for the pen first but he gives him the option of awarding them summat for nothing and that was the only way I could seriously see them scoring. My only regret is that :censored:-house Porter wasn't on the field when we levelled.

Had some great away days already this season, looking forward to Crawley now….

Said to WardleLatic after JYM's Brain Fart, that they will revert to Danny Wilson type now and try and close out at 1-0. It got ridiculous, when Bouzy came up for the corner and their keeper would not simply not release the all with the goal gaping like Jodie Marsh spreadeagled…it was then I knew we'd nick one and it was thoroughly deserved. But they proved today (Sheff Utd) what a poor league this is, it's wide open - get the cheque book out Simon and get Baxter, Wabara and Derbyshire signed up for the season (obviously two rely on the decisions of Forest and City) but we've suddenly clicked and we need momentum, decimating the team will only be the poorer...

As for PD for once his throwing on of Smith paid dividends, Simpson though had a colour-blind afternoon shall we say but it was pleasing to really go for it as they dropped deeper and deeper.

The ref? What a cock! JYM was fouled for the pen first but he gives him the option of awarding them summat for nothing and that was the only way I could seriously see them scoring. My only regret is that :censored:-house Porter wasn't on the field when we levelled.

Had some great away days already this season, looking forward to Crawley now….

For me this is key. We've assembled a talented group of players now, who have also embraced the work ethic required too, to dismantle the side now would be a crying shame.

I know it could be out of our hands, but we must make every effort to keep these lads together.

Got to laugh I know some really decent blades fans who are just normal lads and lasses but this post on the forum.

I found the Oldham players, team, supporters to be the biggest bunch of ignorant, obnoxious thugs i've seen at BL for a long time.

Oddly enough they was completely different from what they was during the first game of last season, when 4,000 Blades took over their rat infested :censored:hole of a fleapit.

This from a fan that has a sig of. "Justice for Ched" you couldnt make it up.

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-view-from-oldham.28237/

Can't accept the fact that his team couldn't beat us so instead resorts to insulting the state of our ground. Whoever wrote that was clearly a moron and isn't worth the time of day

The elation I felt from that goal was one of my greatest moments as a long standing Latics supporter, seriously on a par with Redders pen vs Sheff Weds all those years ago.

Nah.

On the scale of last minute goals it's probably just under Gary Mac's equaliser at Scunthorpe....but possibly ahead of Shefki's pen at Brammall Lane last year.

Nah.

On the scale of last minute goals it's probably just under Gary Mac's equaliser at Scunthorpe....but possibly ahead of Shefki's pen at Brammall Lane last year.

If you are talking about split second emotional moments, that might just be the best of my life. I think Big Gordon might agree with me too.

TBH i've just about recovered - from the elation of the goal and the beers afterwards.

We were talking in The Howard afterwards to some Blades; and wow - some serious sour grapes were on show. "big club" mentality in evidence; they merely expect teams to roll over and let them win. Apparently we're a set of thugs and kicked our way to the point? When i pointed out they had more yellows than us; it was becuase the ref was bias & not that they were dirty. We didnt deserve to get anything either, and the game should have finished before we scored too?

Sad.

As for the game; i thought we were excellent from the off; and to a man they were superb! Before the goal; i was all set for the 'honourable defeat' - but that goal was soooo sweet, and fully deserved. As a raw emotion, it's up there for me with all the 'big' Latics goals.....my heart nearly burst out of my chest!!

Really hard to single out a MoM from the players; they were all superb.....but i think Grounds, Wes & Croft deserve special mentions. And big Matt Smith; well done son; a very cool finish indeed!

I'm going to head it.

I'm going for the diving header.

Yes, the diving header.

Can't be arsed with that - ill stab it in!

Feck me I've scored!!

:lol:

From the moment it left Baxter's foot to a nanosecond before it hit his foot, Matt Smith was heading that ball if it killed him. Thankfully he had an extremely last minute change of heart.

Did anyonelse think it was going to be given offside I paused and looked round to see the referee I then saw him point back to the centre circle and behind him I saw Paul Dickov break the Olympic high jump record before proceeding to go mental like everyonelse did.

Theirs plenty of times when we have all wondered why we bother at all with this and no doubt when at somepoint again this season when we inevitably play crap we will wonder why we do it again but its moments like that, that make all the time and money we spend following our team around the country come rain or shine feel worthwhile.

Did anyonelse think it was going to be given offside I paused and looked round to see the referee I then saw him point back to the centre circle and behind him I saw Paul Dickov break the Olympic high jump record before proceeding to go mental like everyonelse did.

Theirs plenty of times when we have all wondered why we bother at all with this ,when we inevitably play crap we will wonder why we do it again but its moments like that, that make all the time and money we spend following our team around the country come rain or shine feel worthwhile.

Well said that is why we put up with all the crap we just never know when it is going to turn in our favour I really think it it is turning our way bring on th FA Cup