More racism allegations

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is.

The MOBO's does not include the music of white people, which is discrimination in itself!

Well, it does. White people win awards in it. I guess the explanation would be that it's a specific category of music, much like metal or folk. I still can't get around my horror that :censored:ty rap is now called R'n'B, so I will bypass the whole thing.

a black footballers association would be a sort of inverted racism but there's no evidence of racism towards white players is there?

football needs to join together and not let people like Terry off because he's a good player. Fining Nicklas Bendtner 80,000euros for wearing Paddy Power boxers and Croatia 20,000 for racist chanting is as bad as being racist itself. Serbia will get told off and fined a couple of thousand euros, but what their fans did deserves a full on ban.

I have to disagree on a couple of points you make:

For instance, is John Terry racist? No. There's no way he could have led the dressing rooms he has if he was. Is he nasty enough that he could racially abuse someone who was giving him :censored: - clearly yes.

The subplot to the Ferdy brothers' business is that it was Terry who Rio was referring to years back when he said that there was a massive racist in the England camp, and everyone knew about him. Recent news stories remind us that you can get away with a whole world of :censored: by fronting it out. Frankly, it explains the choc-ice comment - which was after all referring to someone who married a white racist to cover for his own homosexuality.

Suarez decision was a joke, the term he used was not perjorative in his culture and the only evidence against him was a full and frank admission of what he said. Why would he do that unless he was telling the truth.

I would be prepared to believe this line of defence if anyone else had come forward and said that Suarez regularly called black opponents, "little nigger," in his years playing in England and Holland with no offence intended or taken. If it is just how he talks, surely he must have done this hundreds of times? Rather than when he is getting shirty with his opponent, who has been making some lurid comments about his sister's muff.

Clattenburg is interesting, because if "Spanish :censored:" is not allowed then i'll be interested to see the FA go and revisit what Evra said to Suarez.

That's the one that I really wonder about. We'll never know what was said, I dare say, but I can see why the authorities feel the need to go down the route of considering nations as the same as races in these cases - if I can call someone a Spanish :censored:, then why can't I call them a black :censored:? Personally I think xenophobia, which I hugely enjoy and practice enthusiastically with friends, is a touch different, but it would be hard to draw the line.

It seems to me it is OK to throw whatever insult you want but if someone replies with an insult back that can in any way be deemed racist you are for the high jump. Personally I think they should mic up refs and record it so we get both sides and the other side cannot simply be ignored and swept under the carpet. With regards to Terry if what he claims is true then Ferdinand must have also used those words and therefore must be punished in the same way using the FAs logic of use of words only. And that is before you go into what Ferdinand is alleged to have said about Terrys affairs.

As for Rio Ferdinand he thinks it is OK for Ashley Cole to be called a choc Ice so he has no right whatsoever to be held up as a saint against racism since he has exhibited racist behaviour himself

As for use of the word "nigger". When black comedians use this word regular with no complaints, how can the use of this word by a white person be deemed as racist? Isn't that racist in itself? He can say it but you will be arrested for saying it? I personally find it offensive, but that is just me, and I see double standards erverywhere

Edited by Max Damage

With regards to Terry if what he claims is true then Ferdinand must have also used those words and therefore must be punished in the same way using the FAs logic of use of words only.

But the finding of the FA was that Terry's explanation that he was merely questioning whether Anton had said those words to him was a plainly made up piece of bollocks. Which any fool would agree it was.

"Excuse me Anton, but can I just check, just so that there was no misunderstanding, and that we are all good friends, that you didn't think I just called you a, ":censored:ING BLACK :censored:!" Because I'd hate that.

Nope. Balance of probability is not swinging Terry's way on that one.

Balance of probability is Terry would have not asked in the ridiculus way you put.

The fact that we do have is that Terry is seen pointing and looking very angry, saying the words, ":censored:ing black :censored:," towards A-Ferd. Terry's explanation as to why he was doing that sounds to me like something that a 9 year old kid would make up when he got caught by teacher. Does it sound plausible to you?

IT is also a fact that Rio Ferdinand repeated a racist attack on Ashley Cole and yet he is held up as some sort of anti racism Tzar. We also have allegations of what Anton Ferdinand said to Terry during the game with no punishment. The list goes on and I for one am sick of one sided attacks and the only solution is to mic the ref up at the very least. Any comment on the use of the word "nigger" by black comedians with no action taken? The word is used by black comedians to describe what they see as "black trash" and is highly offensive to those it is aimed at.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Equality laws are there for a reason, everyone gets treated the same by law. sounds great to me.

Political correctness has become enshrined into law and makes those it applies to more equal than the majority, which is just as wrong as discriminating against minorites.

IT is also a fact that Rio Ferdinand repeated a racist attack on Ashley Cole and yet he is held up as some sort of anti racism Tzar. We also have allegations of what Anton Ferdinand said to Terry during the game with no punishment. The list goes on and I for one am sick of one sided attacks and the only solution is to mic the ref up at the very least. Any comment on the use of the word "nigger" by black comedians with no action taken? The word is used by black comedians to describe what they see as "black trash" and is highly offensive to those it is aimed at.

You are a slippery fellow to debate against Mr Damage. I have never yet seen Rio held up on this site, or indeed anywhere, as an anti-racism Tsar. I have however seen his opinions debated with a lot of disparate views expressed. You build up a straw man.

Re: the choc ice comment, which I assume you refer to - I find it distasteful. I can also see how it would be made if Cashley is saying whatever gets Terry off the hook regardless of the racial element, it would piss me off if I was a black player I reckon. And Cashley did significantly change his statement.

Re: the use of, "nigger," etc, it's a fair point for debate. I don't think any word should be banned of itself. But Terry clearly used it in an aggressive and insulting way in a sense which goes against us dealing with the likes of what happened in Serbia. :censored: him, and the horse he rode in on.

+

Terry didn't use the word "nigger" ;) But Reginald D hunter seems to like it. As did Richard Prior and Chris Rock ;) Of Course Bernard Manning is apparently a racist for using far less abusive language even though he took the piss out of every colour and every race and religion and as such treated everyone equally

As for use of the word "nigger". When black comedians use this word regular with no complaints, how can the use of this word by a white person be deemed as racist? Isn't that racist in itself? He can say it but you will be arrested for saying it? I personally find it offensive, but that is just me, and I see double standards erverywhere

It's about context. If a Jewish friend calls me a yid then I know he's not being derogatory towards me because he is Jewish himself. If a non-Jew says it, even with a grin, unless it's bloody evident that it's a joke and there's no negative sentiment behind it then I'll feel affronted. There's always that concern that it's said with a touch of hostility and offence because it's a word that, to many, is anti-semitic and provocative.

I'd imagine black people feel the same about fellow black people using 'nigger'. That's where the difference is.

Not directed to MD, but I always think it ridiculous for people to say words shouldn't offend or similar. Most of these people have never been on the end of racist abuse. If you've never had it, I think you'd really struggle to 'get it'. Why people can't then just accept that it's how others feel is beyond me but there you go.

Edited by jsslatic

Not directed to MD, but I always think it ridiculous for people to say words shouldn't offend or similar. Most of these people have never been on the end of racist abuse. If you've never had it, I think you'd really struggle to 'get it'. Why people can't then just accept that it's how others feel is beyond me but there you go.

A simple way to break this down is to imagine the most angry, and least angry, time you have told someone to :censored: off. I've done it shortly before smacking someone a time or two, and many times in happy days with mates. Words are nothing without context.

Guest Scratch2000uk

A black person calling another black person a choc-ice = offensive.

A black person calling a brown person a coconut= criminal record.

Context ?? what's the difference here then?

Edited by Scratch2000uk

And that makes sense how?

I think he means that Jimmy Savile was a 25th Century cybernetic noncing machine created by the Muslims so that they could wheel him out any time they wanted to distract attention from their own misdeeds. That's how I read it anyway.

It makes sense it that it has took the heat off the PC brigade in the police and social services that willfully allowed young white girls to be routinely raped and abused by Asain sex gangs across the UK. Anyone got any idea what has happened/is happening to those who allowed this to go on and even arrested the raped girls for being drunk? Nope thought not, but they know all about Saville and friends

It makes sense it that it has took the heat off the PC brigade in the police and social services that willfully allowed young white girls to be routinely raped and abused by Asain sex gangs across the UK. Anyone got any idea what has happened/is happening to those who allowed this to go on and even arrested the raped girls for being drunk? Nope thought not, but they know all about Saville and friends

The head of child social services in Dale fell on his/her sword a while ago. The CPS lawyer who decided the main victim wasn't going to be a credible witness is no longer allowed to prosecute those sort of cases and may not still have a job.

TBF to the cops they nicked the main victim of that for being drunk, as she was both drunk and under-age. It was whilst she was in police custody that she first brought up being raped. What happened after that is the problem/disgrace.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Turning a blind eye to noncing no matter who they are is wrong,

If there is/has been a problem with Asian gangs noncing, it should be brought to the fore and not hushed up either. :detectivegm0:

Although some on here, seem to disagree, :thumbsdown:

And right on cue last night some arsehole Chelsea fan does monkey impressions to Welbeck. You really have to be a special kind of racist moron to do that with such scrutiny being attached to the match.

Back on general racism since when has positive discrimination been anything but racism, sexism, or any other ism. Answers on a postcard to that silly cow Harriat Harman