More racism allegations

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

genuine question: does racism happen all the time and has only been publicised recently or is it coming back over the last year or so?

with this, the John Terry case, Sordell at Millwall, Croft, Serbia, Clattenburg etc it's getting embarrassing and needs to be sorted out. a blanket ban from all football if someone is racist is the only way to stop it IMO

genuine question: does racism happen all the time and has only been publicised recently or is it coming back over the last year or so?

with this, the John Terry case, Sordell at Millwall, Croft, Serbia, Clattenburg etc it's getting embarrassing and needs to be sorted out. a blanket ban from all football if someone is racist is the only way to stop it IMO

Bit of both, I'd expect.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Intolerance levels coming down, open racism and some people with dodgy hearing, and apparent spelling mistakes, all culminate in the increased incidents.

So a Wigan fan trawls the reports of lower league matches to find a black player who has been sent off so that he can abuse him? I'd say being a racist prat is just one of many problems he has.

I think like many he had Crawley in his accy only for Crawley to be the only team that let him down. We cost one bloke over £1000- shame.

Twitter is a haven for people to abuse those that are ever-so slightly famous, some of it racist but there's a significant proportion of disability and gender abuse too.

it's a load of old tosh.Players with handbags spitting out there 24 carrot dummy's ..look at that prat , Ferdinand he gets a bit of lip from terry in the heat of a football battle..Then causes a right old fracas with lawyers and court cases costing thousands of pounds..Bear in mind this is a guy who came from a deprived area of london...Why didn't he show his balls and confront terry over a glass of moet after the match ..Then his big and daft brother has to get involved over sommat and nowt. to do with him .makes my bleeding blood boil concentrate on rascism by all means kick out the serbians from football and the deep rooted rascism in countries around Eastern Europe but handbags at ten paces there avin a laugh..A nd it's only going to get worse that ginger nut at millwall will be next followed by the paddy's and the jocks next the taffy's

Guest Scratch2000uk

There's also lots of abuse against the not so famous too. Somehow the police seem to think that because they aren't so famous, then that law shouldn't apply!!

it's a load of old tosh.Players with handbags spitting out there 24 carrot dummy's ..look at that prat , Ferdinand he gets a bit of lip from terry in the heat of a football battle..Then causes a right old fracas with lawyers and court cases costing thousands of pounds..Bear in mind this is a guy who came from a deprived area of london...Why didn't he show his balls and confront terry over a glass of moet after the match ..Then his big and daft brother has to get involved over sommat and nowt. to do with him .makes my bleeding blood boil concentrate on rascism by all means kick out the serbians from football and the deep rooted rascism in countries around Eastern Europe but handbags at ten paces there avin a laugh..A nd it's only going to get worse that ginger nut at millwall will be next followed by the paddy's and the jocks next the taffy's

So lets get this right:

Racism towards Anton Ferdinand doesn't warrant third party adjudication because he (apparently) owns a handbag, is paid a lot and came from a deprived area of London, thus he should just sort it out by debating with/fighting Terry in the players' lounge?

Rio Ferdinand should stay silent over the matter because it's nothing to do with him, despite him being his brother and therefore of the same ethnicity?

On the other hand Serbia is over in Eastern Europe so we should come down on them like a ton of bricks?

Have I understood correctly?

So lets get this right:

Racism towards Anton Ferdinand doesn't warrant third party adjudication because he (apparently) owns a handbag, is paid a lot and came from a deprived area of London, thus he should just sort it out by debating with/fighting Terry in the players' lounge?

Rio Ferdinand should stay silent over the matter because it's nothing to do with him, despite him being his brother and therefore of the same ethnicity?

On the other hand Serbia is over in Eastern Europe so we should come down on them like a ton of bricks?

Yes.

So lets get this right:

u got it 100 percent ..incidently john terry was found not guilty of the said charges in a court of law ..serbia on the other hand ..well unless you don't watch the news i think that everyone can make there own assumptions ..and rio ferdinand should of kept his gob shut and respected the courts descision....a sorry matter that got out of hand ...and no i ain't a rascist just don't agree with soft moaning fcukers and yes he should of confronted terry man to man not in a court of law

Terry was found not guilty by the crown, but the crown had to prove intent whereas the FA's disciplinary guidelines meant they merely had to prove the words in questions were used.

I think it's right that the matter went to court - or at least to the FA - because if Ferdinand didn't raise the issue we'd all go on happily thinking we're living in an episode of Diff'rent Strokes. If nothing else it's made the public aware that racism is still too prevalent in society, or at least in football. Confronting him mano el mano wouldn't have solved anything, rather it could well have ended with Ferdinand himself facing charges.

As for Serbia, yes UEFA should come down on them like a ton of bricks, but no more or less than the FA should come down on racist abuse in England.

if i spat out my dummy everytime my brothers got into scrapes over the years the courts would of gone bankrupt....it's these people who cause the issue..s incidently correct me if i'm wrong but didn't mr goody two shoes ferdinand use his wealth to attract extra marital affairs it definatly wasn't his looks was it.. don't have a go at me or my brother or we will publicly humiliate you on the box by refusing to shake your hand but i'll slap around with loose women talk about double standard....what must his children think

if i spat out my dummy everytime my brothers got into scrapes over the years the courts would of gone bankrupt....it's these people who cause the issue..s incidently correct me if i'm wrong but didn't mr goody two shoes ferdinand use his wealth to attract extra marital affairs it definatly wasn't his looks was it.. don't have a go at me or my brother or we will publicly humiliate you on the box by refusing to shake your hand but i'll slap around with loose women talk about double standard....what must his children think

Any extra-marital affairs are completely irrelevant.

And don't get me started on handshakes, I couldn't give a monkey's chuff who presses who's flesh.

I think what this is trying to say is that football is coming down hard on the trappings of racism, while ignoring the major concerns.

For instance, is John Terry racist? No. There's no way he could have led the dressing rooms he has if he was. Is he nasty enough that he could racially abuse someone who was giving him :censored: - clearly yes.

Suarez decision was a joke, the term he used was not perjorative in his culture and the only evidence against him was a full and frank admission of what he said. Why would he do that unless he was telling the truth.

Clattenburg is interesting, because if "Spanish :censored:" is not allowed then i'll be interested to see the FA go and revisit what Evra said to Suarez.

Apparently black players, led by a leading human rights barrister Peter Herbert, are contemplating starting their own association. The proposed name is Black Players Association. Interested parties include some black Premiership players. Is that racist? Can you imagine a White Players Association being muted?

Apparently black players, led by a leading human rights barrister Peter Herbert, are contemplating starting their own association. The proposed name is Black Players Association. Interested parties include some black Premiership players. Is that racist? Can you imagine a White Players Association being muted?

BRILLIANT.

Lets unite football and rid it of discrimination and segregation by making enemies that you can only join if you're a certain skin colour. Absoutely ludicrous.

Contradicts the point of the whole venture.

Smacks of MOBO's (Music of Black Origin awards) to me.

I hate racism and the horrible neanderthals who place people lower on the social ladder due to the colour of skin, however can you imagine someone inventing the MOWO's? Or calling an area "the white community"?

Smacks of MOBO's (Music of Black Origin awards) to me.

I hate racism and the horrible neanderthals who place people lower on the social ladder due to the colour of skin, however can you imagine someone inventing the MOWO's? Or calling an area "the white community"?

And groups representing LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender), black police officers and black and ethnic minorities generally (my previous employer had a BEM forum where non-white people could meet, network etc).

But whilst some (even many) of these groups may be completely unnecessary, its not a valid comparison to suggest equivalent white groups. The point is, they do represent minorities who are, as history shows, more likely to be victimised, discriminated against, whatever. They exist to help said minorities operate on an equal footing to the rest of us. If they're able to do that then more power to them.

There's clearly a fine line between this and encouragement of positive discrimination, which I'm firmly against.

As for the MOBOs, they're completely pointless as all decent music descends from Robert Johnson anyway - as everyone already knows.

Edited by bossrocks

And groups representing LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender), black police officers and black and ethnic minorities generally (my previous employer had a BEM forum where non-white people could meet, network etc).

But whilst some (even many) of these groups may be completely unnecessary, its not a valid comparison to suggest equivalent white groups. The point is, they do represent minorities who are, as history shows, more likely to be victimised, discriminated against, whatever. They exist to help said minorities operate on an equal footing to the rest of us. If they're able to do that then more power to them.

There's clearly a fine line between this and encouragement of positive discrimination, which I'm firmly against.

As for the MOBOs, they're completely pointless as all decent music descends from Robert Johnson anyway - as everyone already knows.

WOT A LOAD OF POPPYCOCK IT'S A FORM OF RASCISM I'M BLACK AND YOU WHITE MAN AIN'T JOINING MY GROUP LIKE IT OR LUMP IT THAT'S THE TRUTH