Baxter - compensation

We'd get less than buttons compo, even if we signed him to the end of the season we wouldn't get much of a transfer fee if someone came in for him.

These days the power is with the players and agents, Baxter isn't dumb, neither is his agent, why would they tie the lad to a long term (2yr+) deal here when they could get him fixed up at a club and trouser any amount of cash in a bosman type deal.

Why would we be due compensation when we didn't have to give any to Everton?

They actively released him. If you offer a player under 23 terms which match the deal they were on then you're entitled to compensation.

Not sure that applies here given his short contract though.

They actively released him. If you offer a player under 23 terms which match the deal they were on then you're entitled to compensation.

Not sure that applies here given his short contract though.

I think the reason we didnt have to pay everton any compensation was because they offered him a reduced wage.

Edited by 4froale

Obviously there have been scouts around at matches with the quality of players in our XI

BUT has there been any strong links for Baxter in Jan?

and what level do we think he will end up at?

I reckon he'll go to a Leeds-type club

Does this stack up - Baxter is enjoying himself and seems quite happy with the shirt. He will also appreciate the platform the club have given him. Could he be persuaded to sign a 2yr contract in January, with a release clause allowing him join any club he chooses at the end of this season at any price. With another clause giving him a percentage of that, if any, fee. Up to now he is looking out of our league, maybe he feels he could just do us a favour for the lift we have given him. Or am I being soft?

If it was to come down to just finances in keeping Baxter and Derbyshire till the end of the season then maybe playershare could do an advertising campaign and get fans to miss either the notts county or Scunthorpe away match (or both) and donate the money they would have spent going to playershare. Ill be going to both games but would be happy to miss both games and donate £100 if it meant keeping them both till the end of the season.

We got a fee for Evina.

Not a lot. But something.

I wonder if there could be a case that we have done more for Baxter, it's a different story taking a lad who's been in a bit of trouble and out of work compared to an Arsenal loanee who was always going to find a club.

Does this stack up - Baxter is enjoying himself and seems quite happy with the shirt. He will also appreciate the platform the club have given him. Could he be persuaded to sign a 2yr contract in January, with a release clause allowing him join any club he chooses at the end of this season at any price. With another clause giving him a percentage of that, if any, fee. Up to now he is looking out of our league, maybe he feels he could just do us a favour for the lift we have given him. Or am I being soft?

I think you have come up with a great idea here, offering him a percentage of any fee we get for him.

I think you have come up with a great idea here, offering him a percentage of any fee we get for him.

The problem is an out of contract player effectively gets 100% of an transfer value as a signing on fee.

A player under contract to a club gets nothing if the club don't sell him. Which they don't have to do.