A Way Of Raising Funds For The New Stand

Would you be happy if we sold the rights were sold and the ground changed name?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if we sold the rights were sold and the ground changed name?

• Yes
    • No

And mine aswell.

Incidentally does anyone know what is happening with the "tidying up" of the Chaddy End roof?

A few weeks ago the club were showing this on the OS and all "Spiderman" did was paint the top corners of the stand!

Heard a rumour that the sponsor was changing.

If money can be gained from sponsorship, snatch the sponsor's hand off. No matter what the sponsor's name for the stadium, it'll always be 'Boundary Park' to the supporters. As with the stands being named and renamed over the years, they've always been known as 'Main' , 'Rochdale Road' and 'Chaddy', regardless of sponsors, the only exception being an undying loyalty of many supporters to the sponsor Lookers in what was really the Broadway Stand. :lookers:

I think that is mainly due to the longevity of the sponsorship of the Broadway stand 20 or so years is plenty long enough for it to become engrained into the psyche.

As for the actual effect of the sponsors, my parents did buy a few cars from Lookers in the time but that was mainly because of the model of car. We had an alarm a long way before the alarm company, never used any of the building merchants. As for the bandages as far as I recall no-one else supplies them on the occasions we've used them on a personal or professional basis.

I can't see a company bothering to sponsor the ground until refurbished, but I'd have absolutely no problem with selling the naming rights. I'll most likely always call it Boundary Park anyway.

As for the effect of sponsoring football grounds and their stands, I don't think its as simple as encouraging three thousand home fans to buy a new burglar alarm. Sponsoring gets the company's name out there into wide®spread use, possibly subliminally making you assume they're a good, reputable company because you seem to hear their name a lot etc.

Having said that I'm far from a marketing expert. So my thoughts on the subject are worth slightly less than a Greek pension.

The Manchester Airport Stadium. OMBC still has a share in it.

That might cause some confusion. Just think of the number of passegers following th signs and turning up by mistake - 'stuff it, we've missed the flight. Let's stay and watch a quality game of third division football.......Simon, i could be on to something........