A Way Of Raising Funds For The New Stand

Would you be happy if we sold the rights were sold and the ground changed name?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if we sold the rights were sold and the ground changed name?

• Yes
    • No

A question, I received my weekly Arsenal e-mail today and in it was mentioned the sponsorship of the ground as it is due up for renewal pretty soon

So the question is would you be happy for Boundary Park to sell out to a company for £££ that could potentially help finance the new stand?

Enter here the name of ridiculous company we could use! -----------------------------------------

Sorry for the stupid font

Edited by laticdickovarmy

If money can be gained from sponsorship, snatch the sponsor's hand off. No matter what the sponsor's name for the stadium, it'll always be 'Boundary Park' to the supporters. As with the stands being named and renamed over the years, they've always been known as 'Main' , 'Rochdale Road' and 'Chaddy', regardless of sponsors, the only exception being an undying loyalty of many supporters to the sponsor Lookers in what was really the Broadway Stand. :lookers:

If money can be gained from sponsorship, snatch the sponsor's hand off. No matter what the sponsor's name for the stadium, it'll always be 'Boundary Park' to the supporters. As with the stands being named and renamed over the years, they've always been known as 'Main' , 'Rochdale Road' and 'Chaddy', regardless of sponsors, the only exception being an undying loyalty of many supporters to the sponsor Lookers in what was really the Broadway Stand. :lookers:

To me the home stands will always be the Seton Stand, The George Hill stand and The Lookers and I wouldn't buy a second hand car an extention to my house or a tubular banadage from any of those organisations.

i did fear a bit of a hammering for suggesting the change but seems most would be happy

On 12 June 2008, Colchester United revealed a ten year sponsorship deal with Weston Homes,[4][5] worth up to £2 million to sponsor the new stadium. The deal included sponsorship of Colchester United's shirts for the 2008–09 and 2009-10 seasons.

After looking into it found the above! Just imagine even £1 million for changing the name of the ground on say 5 year deal! Easy money!

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Problem is, if you had a succesful business..................would you really want its name slapped all over a tireless ageing football ground?

Not until at least the stadium has a 4th stand and been tidied up and brought into this century!

The thing is a lot of people know the name of all 92 football grounds and thats what i think of when asked about a team not the quality of the company as the ground is :censored:

Problem is, if you had a succesful business..................would you really want its name slapped all over a tireless ageing football ground?

Not until at least the stadium has a 4th stand and been tidied up and brought into this century!

Any firm that paid for that tidying up would have my immediate goodwill!

Any firm that paid for that tidying up would have my immediate goodwill!

And mine aswell.

Incidentally does anyone know what is happening with the "tidying up" of the Chaddy End roof?

A few weeks ago the club were showing this on the OS and all "Spiderman" did was paint the top corners of the stand!