Cisak to Pompey

I'm going to ignore the comments about why Cisak is better than Deano because I think it is bias nonsense, but that last paragraph gets on my nerves. You expect respect yet show no respect to our club, what makes them a big club? Their cheating to try and hold a place in the Prem? Their continued cheating to get back there? Their graffiti stained stadium? They are where they belong, they have always been a lower league team and where they belong, they are lucky to even be playing in a league.

come off it - Oldham the same size club as Pompey? Are oldham in the same category as Leeds then as well? Chalrton? Southampton? Sheff Utd? Sheff Wed? Pompey may well be in your division but Portsmouth have played 2 FA CUP finals in the past 4 seasons...not sure, but I don't think any of your defenders are on 90k a week like Sol Campbell was.

you loose all credibility when you make outlandish statements such as...

The penney doesn't seem to drop too quick either...you need Cisak to go to Pompey because otherwise you will get nothing for him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth aren't in the same category as Leeds, Southampton, Sheffield United they have just come out of their most successful period in their history. They have always been a lower league club and are only going lower, and we don't need to sell Cisak although it would help. Seeing as they can't afford to buy him it's a non-issue.

come off it - Oldham the same size club as Pompey? Are oldham in the same category as Leeds then as well? Chalrton? Southampton? Sheff Utd? Sheff Wed? Pompey may well be in your division but Portsmouth have played 2 FA CUP finals in the past 4 seasons...not sure, but I don't think any of your defenders are on 90k a week like Sol Campbell was.

The penney doesn't seem to drop too quick either...you need Cisak to go to Pompey because otherwise you will get nothing for him.

Portsmouth have been in 2 FA Cup finals in the past few season, they had players on extortionate wages, yet they are still in League One and are probably going to be League Two next year - They have a bigger crowd because it's Portsmouth - there is literally noone else to support.

I doubt we will get much for him if he does go to Pompey - do they have any money?

Ha! Unbelievable. What a load of bollocks.

I think the likelihood of any significant fee in January is low.

But shifting him off the wage bill will be a key consideration.

Are Portsmouth a big club? They were always a better supported lower league club when I was a kid. At the moment I'd suggest they're a basket case who aren't going to be "big" any time soon. A debt-fuelled pile of turds.

Don't spell "Penney" like that round here either or you'll be run out of town.

If, and I think it's a big if, the story is true, Cisak would surely only go out on loan to get game time. Pompey are only giving one month contracts, so a permanent move wouldn't do Alex's career much good. Especially as a only a minor miracle will keep them out of League 2 next season, so he'd be right back where he was at Accy. He's too good for that.

As far as the gentleman in Oz is concerned, if you were able to watch Cisak and Bouzy for a full 90+ minutes to make comparisons, you would see that they are both bloody good keepers, but both are prone to mistakes. IIRC, Cisak is only 23 and Bouzy 22, so they are still learning their trade. I'm sure both will go on to bigger and better things, but Bouzy rightly has the shirt at the moment.

He took it at a time when Cisak was looking a bit unsteady, so it's down to Cisak to fight for it back. Good, healthy competition and, in my view, I'm more than happy with whichever one of them is first choice.

Nobody said Oldham were a similar size club to Portsmouth.

The whole reason they are where they are now is BECAUSE they paid the likes of Sol Campbell £90k a week.

Anyway its a sack of :censored: IMO, I dont think we would let Cisak go anywhere without a fee AND Bouzanis is a better keeper IMO.

That is one the many reasons why they are now basically; quite rightly, fooked.

As for the Cisak / Bouzanis debate, it's just good to have quality 'Keepers on the books. It was announced when Bouzy re-signed for us; that he wasn't being discribed as the Number 2 'Keeper IIRC; more he was battling with Cisak for the Number 1 spot. And so it's worked out.

Bouzy is in the shirt at present on merit.

Cisak was pretty awful really at the start of the season - his error for Johnsons goals Vs Wendies was truly shocking.....and he was a million miles away from the form he showed the previous season. In recent times; we'd have had to continue with Cisak in goal; and hoped he's played himself into form - but with a ready made replacement in the wings ready to come straight in - this time we haven't had to do that.

Now - i'm not saying there might not be any truth in the contract point with Cisak - because we do have previous with that - but even with that still standing, Bouzy would still be in the shirt - as his performances have meritted it.

And that's coming from someone who has seen both 'Keepers play full live games as way of a comparision; not edited on-line highlights by the way.......

yes Portsmouth made 2 FA Cup finals in 4 years and Sol Campbell was on 90K a week and there in lies that massive clubs problem

they didnt have 90k a week to spend an players and that is why time and time again they find themselves in the :censored: and below little Oldham in league 1.

Edited by palmer1

It still staggers me that Bouzanis gets picked over Cisak.

It staggers me that you think that. Cisaks form at the start of the season was more dean brill esq. he rightly lost his place and although bouzanis has wobbled slightly recently he hasn't deserved to lose his place.