Fishal sub-heading

Dan Taylor report:

May be I expected to be playing

Dickov quote.....whats going on with the speech marks here....who does this stuff!

He explained: "He has had a tough time settling since he joined us and the one thing he has needed is a goal.

"To get three was great and will give his confidence a massive boost.

"Like big Matt Smith last year, he is work in progress and we are working hard with him.

"He has had a big change lifestyle wise for a kid. Slowly but surely he is getting there."

Dan Taylor report:

May be I expected to be playing

Dickov quote.....whats going on with the speech marks here....who does this stuff!

He explained: "He has had a tough time settling since he joined us and the one thing he has needed is a goal.

"To get three was great and will give his confidence a massive boost.

"Like big Matt Smith last year, he is work in progress and we are working hard with him.

"He has had a big change lifestyle wise for a kid. Slowly but surely he is getting there."

That's the old school way of doing quotes - Gordy or Buggers will have done that one.

That's the old school way of doing quotes - Gordy or Buggers will have done that one.

We'll I'm probably older than Gordon and wasn't taught to have an open quotation mark at the start of every quoted sentance. One at the start of the quote and one at the end is what's required. I can guess why it's been done though, it's because each sentance has been given it's own paragraph. Another daft idea.

Where is this old school?

We'll I'm probably older than Gordon and wasn't taught to have an open quotation mark at the start of every quoted sentance. One at the start of the quote and one at the end is what's required. I can guess why it's been done though, it's because each sentance has been given it's own paragraph. Another daft idea.

Not sure where it's located, but it teaches you to spell 'sentence' correctly.

That's the key - each line is given a quotation marker to show it's part of the ongoing quote. If it was just a paragraph that wouldn't be the case.

The crap grammar/spelling isnt just confined to the official site. This from todays marketing mail:

They hope a bumper turnout will help in the pursuit of victory in the second round of the FA Cup with Budweiser, second-round tie against Doncaster Rovers.

It is a massively important match bearing in mind the potentially lucrative price awaiting teams making it to round three.

Edited by lincoln_latic

And this ladies and gentlemen, is the latest report and it's been there for 1/2 an hour.

"Derbyshire double seals cup victory"

Bet it took some putting together, that.

They may add to it anytime soon.

Edited by Bristolatic