New striker - details tomorrow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where? Can't find anything.

Neither can I, but I've had an official SMS stating the same! ooooohhh wonder who it could be???? Intrigued, probably some kid we've never heard of or has Shez pulled off a coup??? We wait with baited breath!

Guest sheridans_world

It's All A Conspiracy!!

The club obviously get cash per hit from their advertising! Wont stop me from hitting it every two minutes until they announce though!

It's All A Conspiracy!!

The club obviously get cash per hit from their advertising! Wont stop me from hitting it every two minutes until they announce though!

Tomorrow morning you muppet! you might as well wait till then...! Or just sign up for the text alerts - tell ya what, i'll text you if anything happens - evens for chesterfield then!

dan - Apologies.. its the pessimistic but relistic side of me...

Prove me wrong shez!

Can I just add though... the wording states "Latics will announce a move for a new striker"

It does not say signing.... could this be getting our hopes up for nothing???

if we announce it ut dont "sign" him, then we could be shootin ourselves in the foot! surely we should only announce when we have signed or are very close to signin! if it is a good un', why altert everyone else!??

if we announce it ut dont "sign" him, then we could be shootin ourselves in the foot! surely we should only announce when we have signed or are very close to signin! if it is a good un', why altert everyone else!??

True we have done that one before alerted the attention of other clubs. I hope it isnt someone like Glombard or Vernon, eventhough they would be decent back up strikers IMO. I suppose thats all we can really draft in until we hear whether Porter is signing or not.

I never saw the big deal about being open with who we are looking to sign, it's not like the players agent won't be shouting his mouth off all round the league anyway. I would presume a Warney replacement would be first on the agenda as Shez must have known he was off for some time whereas he doesn't know if he will have Porter and isn't sure if Hall will insist on playing in ballet slippers and revealing tights next season.

True we have done that one before alerted the attention of other clubs. I hope it isnt someone like Glombard or Vernon, eventhough they would be decent back up strikers IMO. I suppose thats all we can really draft in until we hear whether Porter is signing or not.

Defo done it before - Paul Heffernan anyone...

As for the claibre - think it may well give an early indication if porter is staying or not... esp if it is a decent name... if it is a back up level, we need a couple of those anyway no matter what... Think he club will know if porter is staying by now - deadline is tomorrow methinks???

All very exciting though! (though prob wont be when we hear who it is!)

Guest sheridans_world
Sorry, forgot mobile phones havent quite reached rochdale yet...

You get yer darned new invention thingy's away from precious chickens. Sliced bread. Pah. Back in my day we used to get what we were given an' be 'appy wi'it.

Wheel. I prefer to use the good ol' donkey.

Guest sheridans_world
I confidently predict that the news will be on The Official Site very shortly after The Chron's print deadline. :)

HAHAHA!!

:laught30:

Sorry to do this kinda message cos it's irratating. However I've heard a very good whisper to who this new striker is, and cannot (been sworn to secrecy) say. What I will say is no one as guessed right yey and is very unlikely to! may prove to be controversial with some. Anyway I will say if it's true tom when it's announced, however I will add this player is 31.

Sorry to do this kinda message cos it's irratating. However I've heard a very good whisper to who this new striker is, and cannot (been sworn to secrecy) say. What I will say is no one as guessed right yey and is very unlikely to! may prove to be controversial with some. Anyway I will say if it's true tom when it's announced, however I will add this player is 31.

Beckett?