Friendly welcome

How about an Italian flag to commemorate the Juve fans they murdered

Oops sorry, we're not supposed to mention that are we?

Why even mention Heysel in this thread? Do you honestly believe that Hillsborough was justice for the Italians? I honestly can’t believe the diatribe that you have had the audacity to type and try and justify to add weight to your opinion grade A idiot.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Why even mention Heysel in this thread? Do you honestly believe that Hillsborough was justice for the Italians? I honestly can’t believe the diatribe that you have had the audacity to type and try and justify to add weight to your opinion grade A scum.

Oh get a grip, obviously I'm being a little ott and you're rising to the bait but of-course there is a connection.

The underlying issue is that, in those dark days for English football, many fans behaved in a shocking manner (absolutely not just Liverpool fans) and the two tragic events were due in no small part to this behaviour. The 96 people who died in Sheffield and indeed the dozens of mostly Italian fans who died in Belgium were entirely innocent and it does their memory no good if we are not honest about ALL of the causes.

The original inquests into the Hillsborough tragedy were a disgrace but the new one must be honest in its findings rather than simply go to the other extreme.

Anyway, apologies if I have been out of order, lost my job yesterday so in a bad mood. Will refrain from posting for a while.

Oh get a grip, obviously I'm being a little ott and you're rising to the bait but of-course there is a connection.

The underlying issue is that, in those dark days for English football, many fans behaved in a shocking manner (absolutely not just Liverpool fans) and the two tragic events were due in no small part to this behaviour. The 96 people who died in Sheffield and indeed the dozens of mostly Italian fans who died in Belgium were entirely innocent and it does their memory no good if we are not honest about ALL of the causes.

The original inquests into the Hillsborough tragedy were a disgrace but the new one must be honest in its findings rather than simply go to the other extreme.

Anyway, apologies if I have been out of order, lost my job yesterday so in a bad mood. Will refrain from posting for a while.

Wise Idea.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Thats because nobody was murdered, a wall collapsed you tit!

AFAIK it had little to do with a wall collapsing, rather the wall collapse helped ease the pressure in the Z block section, and almost certainly saved lives. Most of the dead were trampled on after falling under the crowd.

AFAIK it had little to do with a wall collapsing, rather the wall collapse helped ease the pressure in the Z block section, and almost certainly saved lives. Most of the dead were trampled on after falling under the crowd.

Bollocks.

What puzzles me is that Liverpool have two of the biggest sponsorship deals in world football, surely they could be paying the legal bills instead of getting the begging bowls out.

That's what I can't help but feel in all this. Noble cause or not; the club the families of those concenrned support id one of the richer ones in the Country; and is up there still if you considered Europe as a whole. They can afford £35 Million on Andy Carroll, £20 Million on Henderson and £16 on Downing, then surely they could support the J96 campaign financally?

I'm all for charity, especially in this........but why haven't LFC done more, instead of football fans and the general public footing the bill in the form of donations???

Guest Scratch2000uk

That's what I can't help but feel in all this. Noble cause or not; the club the families of those concenrned support id one of the richer ones in the Country; and is up there still if you considered Europe as a whole. They can afford £35 Million on Andy Carroll, £20 Million on Henderson and £16 on Downing, then surely they could support the J96 campaign financally?

I'm all for charity, especially in this........but why haven't LFC done more, instead of football fans and the general public footing the bill in the form of donations???

The support groups don't seem to be very transparrant with their finances, maybe a reason?

Make it as hostile as you like but I guarantee they'd have experienced worse on their travels.

Better that than begging for acknowledgment from them. Please be our friends.

They don't give a :censored:, it's a dump, they want to show up, win and move on.

Edited by ChrisA

The Hillsborough Family Support Group, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, the club themselves and plenty of individual fans have publicly thanked Mansfield for their gesture. It's a shame that people think it was thrown back in Mansfield's faces because of a few dickheads (I don't know how many were singing it, I didn't watch the game and the radio commentary didn't pick it up) singing something devoid of class but hardly the most offensive thing ever sung at a football ground.

By all means, make it a hostile atmosphere. Make jokes about shellsuits and nicking cars. Sing the 'sign on, sign on' chant if you really have to. But can we leave Hillsborough out of it? It was football's tragedy as much as Liverpool's and it's downright depressing seeing it turned into some kind of tribal issue.

The Hillsborough Family Support Group, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, the club themselves and plenty of individual fans have publicly thanked Mansfield for their gesture. It's a shame that people think it was thrown back in Mansfield's faces because of a few dickheads (I don't know how many were singing it, I didn't watch the game and the radio commentary didn't pick it up) singing something devoid of class but hardly the most offensive thing ever sung at a football ground.

By all means, make it a hostile atmosphere. Make jokes about shellsuits and nicking cars. Sing the 'sign on, sign on' chant if you really have to. But can we leave Hillsborough out of it? It was football's tragedy as much as Liverpool's and it's downright depressing seeing it turned into some kind of tribal issue.

Sing the sign on chant, its obligatory as is 1 job between you. Rosa you are right about Hillsborough, at the risk of being vilified on here i'd even suggest we could do 1 chant of justice for the 96.

As I have 'reached my quota of positive votes for the day' I will quote this post and put +1.