I reading this right? ....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually very brave and forward thinking of the club. The days of tribal warfare on the terraces are (supposedly) long gone and the club attitude is reflecting this.

If at the end of the day we have scousers sitting next to us in the Chaddy, then too bad, it's really only because we just don't have the support to fill the place with our own fans.

Hopefully, on the night, it'll all be good humoured and we'll all be footy fans together, whatever the result.

Hopefully.

I think it's more due to the fact the club aren't arsed who buys the tickets as long as it's a sell out.

Oh dear, we don't half know how to shoot ourselves in the foot don't we.

I believe most home fans that are looking to create more an atmosphere are heading towards the small section of the rre. A lot of friends I know are doing this, even relocating from the chaddy too

My nephews all ST's under 12 yrs old usually in the rre with me and the hubby but we are in the main stand this time, so, I've advised them to go into the chaddy as the three adults that are accompanying them for this game are oldham born liverpool fans.

Thought for their safety and being the opposite end of the ground to the rre would be best. Shame we have to think about this stuff in this age. Now I'm not so sure.....

Especially if Liverpudlians with other intentions of watch a footy game have now got tickets for the chaddy/paddocks.

Hoping for the best.

Edited by tangerinedreams

I'd imagine any Scousers getting tickets will have bought for the RRE as it's next to their own section, just like those Latics fans who got home tickets at Anfield seemed to buy in the sections on the side as close to the Anfield Road end as possible.

I'd imagine any Scousers getting tickets will have bought for the RRE as it's next to their own section, just like those Latics fans who got home tickets at Anfield seemed to buy in the sections on the side as close to the Anfield Road end as possible.

Busy day for greater Manchester police then ay? AND YET.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21027176

rosa, what do you reckon?

I reckon I might have to take my season ticket to the game to avoid getting thrown out, the way this is going.

The club can't win, can it? A week ago, people were complaining that they wouldn't be able to get a ticket. Now people are complaining that tickets are available. People complained last year about ST holders getting 2 tickets each, now people are arguing that only selling 1 ticket each to ST holders means that tickets are falling into the wrong hands. People have complained in the past (last year, the play-offs etc) that the ticket office were processing sales too slowly and they were queueing for hours. Now people are arguing that anyone buying tickets on open sale should have to provide proof of residence and sit an exam on Latics trivia.

It was always likely that some Liverpool fans were going to buy tickets in the home allocation, because they have more fans than us and I can't remember the last time we sold out BP. There's quite often Liverpool fans in the home allocation at their away games. It doesn't automatically mean there's going to be trouble.

The club can't win, can it? A week ago, people were complaining that they wouldn't be able to get a ticket. Now people are complaining that tickets are available. People complained last year about ST holders getting 2 tickets each, now people are arguing that only selling 1 ticket each to ST holders means that tickets are falling into the wrong hands. People have complained in the past (last year, the play-offs etc) that the ticket office were processing sales too slowly and they were queueing for hours. Now people are arguing that anyone buying tickets on open sale should have to provide proof of residence and sit an exam on Latics trivia.

Standard...

are those complaining about this the same people who kicked up a fuss every time a ST holder said it should be TWO tickets per ST holder? I myself woud have had a neautral/Oldham fan tagging along with me who opted out as he would have had to sit on his own and not with me....

Was a ridiculous thing to do....

I reckon I might have to take my season ticket to the game to avoid getting thrown out, the way this is going.

It was always likely that some Liverpool fans were going to buy tickets in the home allocation, because they have more fans than us and I can't remember the last time we sold out BP. There's quite often Liverpool fans in the home allocation at their away games. It doesn't automatically mean there's going to be trouble.

They say one thing and do the other. They said one ticket per season ticket holder but when people moaned a bit they got a extra one. Two tickets per season ticket holder resolves that. We always knew they would be some Liverpool fans in the home end (even getting there postcode won't stop that) but advertising the fact they are openly selling to them is disgusting. It is looking for trouble. They maybe a thousand Liverpool fans in our end because of the club. If there is no trouble I would be very surprised.

They say one thing and do the other. They said one ticket per season ticket holder but when people moaned a bit they got a extra one. Two tickets per season ticket holder resolves that. We always knew they would be some Liverpool fans in the home end (even getting there postcode won't stop that) but advertising the fact they are openly selling to them is disgusting. It is looking for trouble. They maybe a thousand Liverpool fans in our end because of the club. If there is no trouble I would be very surprised.

I agree, if they had said 2 per ST, they would have sold about 4 or 5k leaving plenty for people with stubs from the Brentford match and open sales.

Instead they made it one per ST, probably caused themselves and ticket office staff a load of arguments, pissed a lot of people off, and still managed to have loads of tickets left........................ to which they are now having to sell to anybody who is willing to buy one.

That is all well and good and perhaps this has been blowing all out of proportion but putting pictures on our own website of LFC fans buying tickets makes us look rather silly IMO.

Also, how about the club advise fans to retain their liverpool stub in the event of a replay or (positive thinking) victory. Otherwise could you imagine the scrum for tickets if United are drawn.

That's a very good call. Although my upboat needs revising as it's totally flawed.

Or just go 3 per season ticket.

:grin:

Edited by opinions4u