I reading this right? ....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what happens if there is any bother? Who is responsible then? I should imagine there will either way whoever wins or loses if fans are mixed together. a couple yoiu dont mibnd but I should imagine that word will get round and there might be plenty of Liverpool fans mixed with Latics fans.

Janet

The tickets are on 'open sale', you can't stop anyone from getting a ticket. There could be locals and fans of all different clubs buying tickets today, how exactly would you stop it happening?

You can't. Any problems arising at the match will have to be dealt with, but it would have been easier for the stewards/police if this situation could have been avoided. Any trouble being shown on TV could result in the Club being fined by the FA.

BTW I still don't think it will be sold out, even with Liverpool and neutral fans in the home stands.

So lets get this right, we have a great big moat and hundreds of stewards seprating fans in the RRE Which is going to cost the club thousands in Police costs. We were also told by Simon Corney he was fuming because of the large allocation we had to give Liverpool and if it was his choice he would have had more seats for Latics fans. Yet at the same time we are openly selling to any Liverpool fan home tickets if they turn up at the Ticket office.

The club want volunteers to help tidy up the ground for the Big day so it looks nice and welcoming on the telly, its going to look like a really welcoming place when ITV are potentially reporting disturbances in the ground.

Its one thing selling tickets to fans without knowing that they are not geniune Latics fans but to openly sell them and advertise it is crazy!

I hope those fans of ours that set fire to away supporters hair dont get to hear about this, we might have to pay for the fire service to come out too.

Edited by NIKI1234

Well to be fair to the club the first one mention is obviously going to the game with his brother-in-law who's a Latic. The second as he's from Oldham could well be mates with some of our fans and if he's on his own it shouldn't be a problem (I wouldn't have let him buy a job lot of tickets though).

After all there was nothing stopping Liverpool fans from coming over to watch us play Brentford picking up a voucher and then coming back either before the Man U game or yesterday.

When we played City a few years ago there were quite a few City fans in the home ends. We don't have the rivalry with Liverpool that we do with City. A few Liverpool fans in our ends was always likely to happen after all there were a few Oldham fans in their ends last year.

Probably very sensible people who understand how to contain themselves as the 8th Liverpool goal flies in. Especially in the presence of family.

But what a silly story to put on the site!

It seems to have been pulled now, so evidently they read this board quite regularly. It's quite common for them to do a swift edit after putting their foot in it once again.

Who the :censored: is in charge of this website these days? Jenny? Broady? Quarmby? (After he's finished his kickabout with the first team). I mean, following the outrageously bad overhaul of the website skin, which turned a fairly OK one into a :censored:ing terrible one, the club responded with excuses like "teething problems", "will be smoothed out in due course" but if anything it's just got worse. The content is horribly written, and now they're content with simply offending their own support by openly admitting they're selling home tickets to away fans. Idiocy in the extreme.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

It seems to have been pulled now, so evidently they read this board quite regularly. It's quite common for them to do a swift edit after putting their foot in it once again.

Who the :censored: is in charge of this website these days? Jenny? Broady? Quarmby? (After he's finished his kickabout with the first team). I mean, following the outrageously bad overhaul of the website skin, which turned a fairly OK one into a :censored:ing terrible one, the club responded with excuses like "teething problems", "will be smoothed out in due course" but if anything it's just got worse. The content is horribly written, and now they're content with simply offending their own support by openly admitting they're selling home tickets to away fans. Idiocy in the extreme.

I may be wrong here, but Jenny and Quarmby seem a bit too naive. They don't strike me as "football fans", in the way people who go on this board are. They are well meaning and put effort in, but the club could genuinely use someone who is a football fan making a few PR decisions.

The club should make it clear that people clearly supporting the opposition will be ejected from the ground and ensure this is done to avoid trouble.

As for bragging about it on the website, I feel this is very poor from the club.

I wonder how embarressed they would be if say 20 - 30 usually banned football hooligans turned up for a tear up and caused havoc?

This along with the fact that we probably won't sell out (certainly not to Latics fans anyway) just supports the fact that the club should have give 2 tickets per ST holder. The responsibilty then lies with the ST holder as to not bring idiots with them.

I may be wrong here, but Jenny and Quarmby seem a bit too naive. They don't strike me as "football fans", in the way people who go on this board are. They are well meaning and put effort in, but the club could genuinely use someone who is a football fan making a few PR decisions.

I contacted Jenny by email last week, shall we just say her customer service skills were not the best.

Think the club have the right to refuse admission on the day if they suspect away fans have tickets for the home end/stands

At Anfield las year when I was waiting outside with the stewards after KO (dont ask), a fan approached the steward with an Oldham ticket to get in. Steward obviously knew him and said your not an Oldham fan and the worse yorkshire/scottish accent came out trying to say he was.

I then asked the fan to name an Oldham player and he couldnt so, teh steward confiscated his ticket and he was told to jog on.

So, if spotted at the turnstyle, surely refused admission, money in our pockets hey ho.....

Underdog

]

exactly what i was about to post, some of the stuff that comes out of the club is baffling, you'd think people who had half a clue about oldham athletic would know that posting stories about opposition fans buying tickets in the home end wouldnt go down well.

Unfortunately in the interests of trying to be fair the policy on ticket sales has backfired. Should have offered 2 tickets per season ticket. Then the Brentford voucher which would hopefully have left a few for open sale. As it is there will be Liverpool supporters mixed with us and that can only be bad. How could one stand in our part of the RRE and not celebrate if Liverpool score. They can't please us all the time but there does seem to be a lack of common sense from top to bottom. On second thoughts I'll exclude the ground staff who have provided the sort of pitch that would suit the style in which we should and rarely do play.

OWTB in rare thread spiraling out of control shocker

To be fair, the club left themselves wide open. It's a bit much shouting about the fact that you're knowingly selling tickets in home sections to away fans. It wasn't just the brothers, there was McD's boy who arrived at 5am or whatever and seemingly expected staff to be at the club at that time. This is a game that may well sell out and, given Corney's "I'm oh so concerned about the fans getting tickets" rant, it doesn't reflect very well on the club.

A few years ago, when we played QPR in the playoffs, I was given a Latics quiz which was intended to weed out opposition fans looking to buy tickets in the home sections of the ground. And it had four sides then!

Christ, from reading this thread I assumed it was a story about us selling tickets to Jimmy Corkhill and not a story about an Oldham fan taking his Liverpool supporting brother in law to the game..

Huge over reaction

And the next guy in the queue was a Liverpool fan as well according to the article.

Think the club have the right to refuse admission on the day if they suspect away fans have tickets for the home end/stands

At Anfield las year when I was waiting outside with the stewards after KO (dont ask), a fan approached the steward with an Oldham ticket to get in. Steward obviously knew him and said your not an Oldham fan and the worse yorkshire/scottish accent came out trying to say he was.

I then asked the fan to name an Oldham player and he couldnt so, teh steward confiscated his ticket and he was told to jog on.

So, if spotted at the turnstyle, surely refused admission, money in our pockets hey ho.....

Underdog

It'd be a farce for the club to sell a ticket to an away fan, advertise it on the website, and then bar them from entry on the day of the game. It really would be an absolute shambles.

I fully expect it will happen.