It's all about personal opinion really. Wabara is an England youth international and cost in region of £1-1.5m from his previous club and has been coached by probably some of best staff in today's football and if course Dickov thinks he is better than brown.

He has one edge at moment for me which is true athleticism (pace and power) and that will take him to much higher level.

However if you evaluate rest of his game I personally don't think he is better 'defender'. He is all right foot, brown can play with either. Brown hardly let's any crosses get in from his side and has never been run ragged from a left winger, wabara definately gets caught out more but obviously he has played more matches so will be interesting to see how brown settles in with a run.

I hope they both do well with their future they are sure good enough for league one.

Not that you would be biased in any way our kid :wink:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what this is based on given that brown has not had much opportunity but when he has he has done a sound job. For me Warbara who Is obviously a talent hasn't particularly impressed. Still think he should be a right midfielder!!

Edited by welshgaz

I can't see how Wabara is better.

In defence he has been at fault for a lot of goals conceded. Too inconsistent positionally.

Attacking he started well but he's mediocre at this level.

I'm not saying he can't be a very good player in the future as he's only 18 but for Oldham at this moment, Brown is a more valuable asset as we have him on a contract and there is little or no difference in quality.

I'm not sure what this is based on given that brown has no had much opportunity but when he has he done ask sound job. For me Warbara who Is obviously a talent hasn't particularly impressed. Still think he should be a right midfielder!!

I'm not saying Connor Brown won't come good with more games under his belt Gaz but, for me, at the minute he looks like a cross between a headless chicken and a rabbit caught in the headlights...

Clearly not. NewBlue downboated me for mine.

I thought that 'a rabbit in the headlights' and 'headless chicken' were very unfair and inaccurate especially as you gave no reason or explanation to why this could be.

What's the point of a forum without reasoning or explanation.