• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wabara is good going forward but bobbins at defending. Kind of like a division three glenn johnson.

Just like Kieron Lee but people seemed to ignore his weaknesses

he is not bobbins at defending. far from it and he will improve, remember this is his first taste of first team football and this thread started with him being linked to a top championship club so he cant be doing to bad?

if in doubt look at Grounds and compare both full backs........now he is :censored:in bobbins at defending and doesnt give us that much going forward really, maybe thats another thread

Edited by palmer1

Just like Kieron Lee but people semed to ignore his weaknesses

he is not bobbins at defending. far from it and he will improve, remember this is his first taste of first team football and this thread started with him being linked to a top championship club so he cant be doing to bad?

if in doubt look at Grounds and compare both full backs........now he is :censored:in bobbons at defending and doesnt give us that much going forward really, maybe thats another thread

Is that bob on, or bobbins before i reply

I havent been too impressed with Grounds, but he has picked up recently. Thing is if you have a look back at the last ten games you will see that most of the oppo's gols come down the right. The worst was at hartlepool where the guy skins our TWO right backs then scores, the worst thing is that the two right backs are Croft and Wesolowski!!!!

I dont think hes poo, and I would probaby pick him over Brown, I just dont get why people rave over him.

I also didnt actually know he had just signed on until after the libpool game.

He was immense at CB against preston, so maybe if he calmed down a bit he would be a decent RB. People moan at Furman and Weso for being too deep, but maybe thats a by product of Wabara :censored:in off down the pitch every two minutes.

bobbins, rubbish, no positional sense, un-aware of who is behind him and where he is or should be when a ball is crossed

*edited my original post

Thank you. Personally i think Grounds is the best full back at the club, the lad has had a couple of dodgy games early on but now most of the goals come from the right back position, if you think who he has had in left midfield in front of him i think this makes him an even more stand out performer.

Thank you. Personally i think Grounds is the best full back at the club, the lad has had a couple of dodgy games early on but now most of the goals come from the right back position, if you think who he has had in left midfield in front of him i think this makes him an even more stand out performer.

Fair enough but I just cant see it with Grounds sorry!

I watch the games and honestly dont think that more crosses come in from the right than come in from the left. I think both full backs need to work harder on stoppping the cross first of all

The big difference to me is that when a cross comes in Wabara defends it much better than Grounds.

how many goals have been conceded at the back post with players sneaking in from behind Grounds? it gets noticed more because we concede from a cross from the right so the first thing people do is blame the right side, Wabara defends the crosses far better when the reach the box hence we dont concede as many at his near post side

we need to stop the crosses but if we dont a job has to be done which Grounds does not do well enough, he gives it away far to often and pumps ball up field to no-one far to often for my liking.

Edited by palmer1

Just like Kieron Lee but people seemed to ignore his weaknesses

if in doubt look at Grounds and compare both full backs........now he is :censored:in bobbins at defending and doesnt give us that much going forward really, maybe thats another thread

Is that Kieran Lee the midfield wonderkid at Sheff Weds?? 7 games on the bounce and having such superlatives as outstanding and superb being bestowed upon him by the very experienced Dave Jones! He'll never make it at a higher level than League One!!

We're a League 1 club with League 1 players and staff, those with any ability above this will move on up and work with better players / coaches and naturally progress. We can pick holes in everyone if we look closely enough for areas for development, the more positive amongst us will look at how an individuals attributes will enhance a club in the third tier of English football. It is sometimes a case of square pegs in round holes i'm afraid.

Edited by Traffordtic

so he didnt make it a a full back like i always said? not good enough to playfull back for Wednesday like I always said?

well done the lad if he has found a place in midfield, who picked up the long term injury then? or was it a case of lost so many have to try something? ;)

hope he keeps playing, never had anything aainst him, just wasnt my sort of full back, I liked him but I prefered Eardley to Lomax and Wabara to Brown, Lee never had any competion -It all about opinions

Edited by palmer1

Is that Kieran Lee the midfield wonderkid at Sheff Weds?? 7 games on the bounce and having such superlatives as outstanding and superb being bestowed upon him by the very experienced Dave Jones! He'll never make it at a higher level than League One!!

We're a League 1 club with League 1 players and staff, those with any ability above this will move on up and work with better players / coaches and naturally progress. We can pick holes in everyone if we look closely enough for areas for development, the more positive amongst us will look at how an individuals attributes will enhance a club in the third tier of English football. It is sometimes a case of square pegs in round holes i'm afraid.

Where in midfield?

so didnt make it a a full back like i always said? not good enough to playfull back for Wednesday like I always said?

well done the lad if he has found a place in midfield, who picked up the long term injury then? or was it a case of lost so many have to try something?

Was he ever a full back? Like i said, square pegs etc!!

No-one was injured and just by coincidence, Sheff Weds are the form side in The Championship and Lee has started in each of the games in that run!

Just let it go now and concentrate on the fact that you can stop worrying about him making it now, he has and he's loving it again.

Was he ever a full back? Like i said, square pegs etc!!

No-one was injured and just by coincidence, Sheff Weds are the form side in The Championship and Lee has started in each of the games in that run!

Just let it go now and concentrate on the fact that you can stop worrying about him making it now, he has and he's loving it again.

I never worried, I didnt give a :censored: when he stopped wearing our Blue, and 2 and a bit seasons as a fullback makes you a fullback whether you want to belive it or not. Good Luck to him but 7 games does not amount to "making it"

*Id edited my previous post

Edited by palmer1

Having watched the lowlights several times he doesnt put himself out in the way you would expect on his heels far too much, slow to react. Doesnt want to put his foot in....and risk injury?

We all know he's only here for one match - the others are a side show.

Connor Brown must be feeling a bit miffed.