• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy really, why have we agreed to extend his loan spell for two weeks just so he can play in the Liverpool game, only for him to disappear after it? Might as well have just found a new replacement, or thrown Connor Brown in, straight away!

I too think Connor Brown has shown flashes of real potential, but they've been interspersed with moments where he's looked every inch the young, raw & inexperienced player he is.

Out of the 2 of them, Wabara for me is the better player. It's not by much though; as I've not been overly impressed by Reece. But - like O4U, I can see what Dickov has agreed to here for the Liverpool. He clearly thinks Wabara is the better of the 2 of them; and whilst it's not by much, I'd tend to agree with him.

Brown is just as good as Wabara and we have him on a contract.

Wabara is a liability I think; too many goals have come from the wings when Wabara has been nowhere to be seen and from what I've seen Brown is more disciplined in his positioning and knows his ability.

It's all about personal opinion really. Wabara is an England youth international and cost in region of £1-1.5m from his previous club and has been coached by probably some of best staff in today's football and if course Dickov thinks he is better than brown.

He has one edge at moment for me which is true athleticism (pace and power) and that will take him to much higher level.

However if you evaluate rest of his game I personally don't think he is better 'defender'. He is all right foot, brown can play with either. Brown hardly let's any crosses get in from his side and has never been run ragged from a left winger, wabara definately gets caught out more but obviously he has played more matches so will be interesting to see how brown settles in with a run.

I hope they both do well with their future they are sure good enough for league one.