Barry..

For the love of god, speak to the fans...

No one can defend the stats, what the feck, we are staring relgation down the barrel.l

he wont answer you or anybody else he's a :censored:house,a yes man up his own arsehole and that far up corneys arse all you can see of him are shoelaces,he portrays himself as the fans rep he couldnt give a :censored: about us he's a waste of space

barrington.owen@sky.com if you've got the minerals. He won't be on here, him broady and croft will.be hammering the all you can eat Chinese in Ashton as per every Saturday night.

He was online 5 mins ago when I looked.

I don't see what difference it would make, though. It's Corney who has the final choice.

The way to make a show of discontent is to protest at a match, or boycott a match. I wouldn't like it to come to that stage but it's near if results and performances continue in this manner. It doesn't look like Corney is going to take any action without a prompt from the fans, the displays on the pitch should really be the stimulus but Corney is desperate to keep him and will wait until the last which will be to our detriment.

Thanks for the glowing reference McVitieman. Given your personal and rude comments is it any wonder why I do not get too involved on this site. It is the case that I have posted recently and log in virtually every day to see all your views.I don't know how long you have been on this site but you should be aware that many fans have requested that I do not become involved in the topics under discussion.

I have never been shy to correspond or meet any fan or group of fans and if you would like to identify yourself I will gladly meet up with you. I have posted very late because I have been u all night writing and corresponding with fans regarding our current predicament. I aalso get approached via other sources other than OWTB !!!!!

If anyone would like to speak, if you leave a message via this site leaving your details I will make contact with you. In the past I have asked groups of fans if they want to meet and nobody turns up.

Anyway the offer stands.

Barry

It would be nice if Barry was replaced as fans rep on the board as in all governance arrangements chairs do become very cosy. How long has Barry been the rep? Notoing wrong in what he has done (or not done) but there must be other keen fans ready, willing and able to take over or have they all walked away realising it was dead mens shoes?

I agree, criticism is one thing, but personal abuse is out of order.

I thought Barry came across well in recent interview regarding the youth development scheme, and the fact is he did check the views of fans on this website.

On the subject of the team every man and his dog can see what's wrong on the field of play, fans are crying out for surging attacking runs from the midfield, wide men sending over streams of crosses and strikers hunting in pairs, unfortunately it's the same boring rigid blinkered tactics week in week out. The reluctance to change is IMO is driving supporters away more than anything. I go to home matches now hoping for a draw and expecting a loss, and have started to leave before the end - something I never used to do.

Edited by BP1960

Crowds under 3k suggest this has already been done. Has it made a difference?

Indeed. The last time the club made a move based on stayaways was to sack Uncle Ronnie, which many now seem to think was a mistake. But was it the club's mistake, or the fans?

It would be nice if Barry was replaced as fans rep on the board as in all governance arrangements chairs do become very cosy. How long has Barry been the rep? Notoing wrong in what he has done (or not done) but there must be other keen fans ready, willing and able to take over or have they all walked away realising it was dead mens shoes?

I quite like the idea of this rotating position of fans representative. Barry has had his head above the parapet for so long it must be about to fall off. He's unfairly become a very easy target for some people. However I really don't know about the details of the role, so far be it from me to push someone out of a job I'm not knowledgable about. I just think that a rotating fans rep might be a decent idea to keep people from identifying a target and to occasionally freshen things up with new ideas and approaches.

I quite like the idea of this rotating position of fans representative. Barry has had his head above the parapet for so long it must be about to fall off. He's unfairly become a very easy target for some people. However I really don't know about the details of the role, so far be it from me to push someone out of a job I'm not knowledgable about. I just think that a rotating fans rep might be a decent idea to keep people from identifying a target and to occasionally freshen things up with new ideas and approaches.

He did seem to go from fans representative on the board to someone the club got to tell us off on a regular basis very quickly.

He did seem to go from fans representative on the board to someone the club got to tell us off on a regular basis very quickly.

I just think that a role where we get to nominate/pick the man in the hot seat, combined with a regular and agreed format for presenting the fans' ideas to the club, would be ideal. It seems to me that this was the original idea, but as you say the club seem to wheel Barry out to take the brunt of our ire and tell us things they don't want to.

I just think that a role where we get to nominate/pick the man in the hot seat, combined with a regular and agreed format for presenting the fans' ideas to the club, would be ideal.

Ian Hill "item 12 on todays agenda - should we provide bacon butties at a fair price to the Liverpool ticket queue?"

Fans representative "the trust support this idea on the one hand but do feel the board should consider very carefully whether charging for them is such a good idea"

he wont answer you or anybody else he's a :censored:house,a yes man up his own arsehole and that far up corneys arse all you can see of him are shoelaces,he portrays himself as the fans rep he couldnt give a :censored: about us he's a waste of space

mcvitieman, you should be ashamed of yourself, personal attacks on people who are doing their best to get the club through this extremely tough passage in our history benefits no one. What level have we sunk to when one day we have big Gordon on here upset by comments made about the coverage of the commentary from Coventry, then the very next day we have Barry Owen fending off insults directed at him. Our club is being kept alive by people such as these two, and the flack that they have to endure must sicken them to the core. I dont kid myself that things are far from rosie, but witch hunts against individuals who are doing far more for the club than most contributors on here is shameful.