Out of all 72 League Clubs

We're the only team not have been promoted or relegated in the last 16 years, no wonder people are fed up.

Having said that, it does look like we'll be getting that change of scenery in the next few months.

Only United, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and Villa out of the 92 that haven't changed division in that time….

'The most boring club in English football' - definitely one for the marketing department.

Or how about Oldham Athletic branded lighters? Spark the game into life by setting your mate's hair on fire (or if you're feeling really adventurous, one of our highly modern portacabins on stilts).

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

My first full season was 73 74. Champions, dishing out six nil batterings, an amazing Southport away seeing half my class on the pleasure beach.

Little did my ten year old self know of the decades of slumber to come.

Wouldn't swap one minute of it for all the trophies the plastic United fans from Oldham have seen.

Of all 72, how many have won promotion? I'm not being funny but it's a strange thing to be complaining that we haven't been relegated in sixteen years when other lucky sides have.

10 teams get promoted out of 72. 9 get relegated.

You'd expect something interesting to happen every 3-4 years.

In addition, 12 out of the 72 make the play-offs. So every six seasons you'd have that. Better not be this season though. Just booked a holiday.

Edited by opinions4u

Fans of other clubs do seem to get very big headed and bragging big time when times are good.

For example I know a Donny fan who is always talking about all the away wins this year & being in the Championship last year........rarely mentions them falling out of the football league.

Of the 72 Football League Clubs Burton, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Accrington, Barnet, Aldershot, Yeovil, Crawley, Stevenage, Orient, and Us are the only teams to have avoided relegation

11 teams out of 72 and 9 of them have all been promoted INTO the FL within the last 10 years. So in reality it's just us and Orient...

74- 90 was a terrific era , we knew we were punching above our weight , but we stayed up comfortably almost every year . The last 16 years has not been .

thats a 16 year period. meaning these things must happen in 16 year cycles. Maybe we can look forward to an exciting next 16 years then. roll on next season!!

Of the 72 Football League Clubs Burton, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Accrington, Barnet, Aldershot, Yeovil, Crawley, Stevenage, Orient, and Us are the only teams to have avoided relegation

11 teams out of 72 and 9 of them have all been promoted INTO the FL within the last 10 years. So in reality it's just us and Orient...

Quite impressive then! :wink:

I don't know why people are wishing for relegation, if we go down before we get the new stand and all the benefits it'll bring we're the next stockport.

At least Stockport won yesterday.

They used the unusual technique of getting a midfielder in to the six yard box to finish off a decent attacking move.

At least Stockport won yesterday.

They used the unusual technique of getting a midfielder in to the six yard box to finish off a decent attacking move.

Young powerful attacking midfielder Sarcevic at Chester has done that a dozen times this season, he will score goals at a higher level as he makes his own space to attack defences with searing pace off the mark, he wouldn't fit into PDs mindset though.

Edited by BP1960