Back In Time

So if it was possible to travel back in time to return to watch a certain latics side, or indeed a particular player......when or who would you choose?

Obviously the glory years will be popular, especially with our younger fans who may have missed them.

Personally I'd love to go back and watch Alan Groves at his peak....what a showman!

Also I'd like to return to the times when you could switch ends.......watch the first half on the vast RRE terrace, then move en masse into the chaddy for a good old sing song.

Over to you.

anytime we were successful, i've only ever known us in this league

I take my hat off to supporters like yourself for sticking by the club.

I've been lucky enough to see 3 promotions and watch one or two cracking sides, although the ups have been sporadic, at least I've witnessed them.

Here's hoping for some success soon to reward fans like yourself for your perseverance.

Supporter since 98/99 so Dowies year for me , unbeaten away for majority of season . Team spirit , quality players . Atmosphere was good , top run in league cup . Pogs Hall hill Armstrong baudet low eyres carss murray Dux mini shez lourenco Andrews Carlo Clyde . Class

I'd also love to turn back the clock to when we clinched promotion at portman rd. I'd taken my young son and had to sit in the family stand with him due to his age.

I was itching to get in amongst the latics fans who were partying throughout, it looked and sounded like a fantastic atmosphere.

It's 1989, I'm back in the Chaddy, halfway up, behind the nets and it's the Littlewoods cup v. Arsenal. A night match and the place is packed to the rafters and rocking as we're all over them (in spite of the fact they've fielded 6 England internationals). A pinpoint cross from Barlow (who else?) on the left and Ritchie controls the ball once before blasting home from an angle! One nil and the rout has begun. Not only a footballing masterclass, the perfect performance, it's also the exact moment when it dawns on the collective conciousness that this team has something very, very special.

I'd also love to turn back the clock to when we clinched promotion at portman rd. I'd taken my young son and had to sit in the family stand with him due to his age.

I was itching to get in amongst the latics fans who were partying throughout, it looked and sounded like a fantastic atmosphere.

oh to still be capable of jumping from the top of a fence over a copper/steward with hands raised to grab me then sprinting to the other end of the pitch to join the celebrating players.

I'd go back to the early 40's, but to a specific game which was an away at Orient down in East London. I'd get out, but stop by a pub for a quick jar en route to the match. But there I'd get chatting to this pretty nice sort which was easy because I could pull song lyrics out of my arse which were really by the Beatles but could tell her I wrote them. Consequently I'd give the match a miss but I'd keep going back to give her a right going over.

Yeah. That's what I'd do.

Middle of the Chaddy end, March 1990 FA Cup QF -v- (1st Div leaders) Aston Villa, 2nd half - 20,000 in attendance.

In front of the Chaddy End, Villa full back Chris Price inadvertently knocks the ball past his own keeper (Spink?) and the ball trickles in slow motion into the net with the whole Chaddy End sucking it in....... cue the biggest crowd surge I ever experienced in the Chaddy - ended up near the fence !!

Good times.

I'd go back to the early 40's, but to a specific game which was an away at Orient down in East London. I'd get out, but stop by a pub for a quick jar en route to the match. But there I'd get chatting to this pretty nice sort which was easy because I could pull song lyrics out of my arse which were really by the Beatles but could tell her I wrote them. Consequently I'd give the match a miss but I'd keep going back to give her a right going over.

Blimey, I never knew the Beatles were writing songs in the early 40s!

My first ever football game my Dad took me too. Can't remember the year (1997/98 possibly), who we played or who even scored for us. All I remember is we won 1-0, the scoreboard worked and Boundry Park seemed HUGE! I'd go back to remember every little detail about it and to see us win for a change!

My first ever football game my Dad took me too. Can't remember the year (1997/98 possibly), who we played or who even scored for us. All I remember is we won 1-0, the scoreboard worked and Boundry Park seemed HUGE! I'd go back to remember every little detail about it and to see us win for a change!

If only the scoreboard was still there to prompt the chanting of 'Come on Oldham!'. :disappointed:

But there I'd get chatting to this pretty nice sort which was easy because I could pull song lyrics out of my arse which were really by the Beatles

Interesting, does anyone else carry Beatles lyrics around with them stuck up their backside and if not why not ? And was the pretty nice sort male or female ? Quite disturbing ;-)