Back In Time

My first ever football game my Dad took me too. Can't remember the year (1997/98 possibly), who we played or who even scored for us. All I remember is we won 1-0, the scoreboard worked and Boundry Park seemed HUGE! I'd go back to remember every little detail about it and to see us win for a change!

If your season is correct, then it'd be Preston 1-0 (Tommy Wright), or Fulham 1-0 (Duxbury) - think we might have gone top after the Fulham win ??

If your season is correct, then it'd be Preston 1-0 (Tommy Wright), or Fulham 1-0 (Duxbury) - think we might have gone top after the Fulham win ??

I've got a feeling it was Dux to be honest. The place was pretty full so if it was a game to go top it could well have been that one. I also remember seeing Adrian little-john walking down sheepfoot lane the day after as I was going into the club for some sort of birthday thing, players signing a football, pictures etc. Christ, I'd love us to be beating the likes of Fulham to go top of the league again

Either of those games Littlejohn had not signed for us - he signed on deadline day in March '98

So your remaining choices in 97/98 are:

2-2 v Watford (LJ and Allott)

1-2 v Bristol City (Rush

2-0 v Plymouth (LJ 2)

0-1 v Wycombe (Stop The Rot Protest)

2-0 v Southend (Jepson, McNiven D)

3-3 Burnley (Jepson, Rickers, Allott)

Edited by oafcprozac

Either of those games Littlejohn had not signed for us - he signed on deadline day in March '98

So your choices are mate,

1-2 v Bristol City (Rush

2-0 v Plymouth (LJ 2)

ah well i'm well and truly clueless then! it was definitely a 1-0 win

Middle of the Chaddy end, March 1990 FA Cup QF -v- (1st Div leaders) Aston Villa, 2nd half - 20,000 in attendance.

In front of the Chaddy End, Villa full back Chris Price inadvertently knocks the ball past his own keeper (Spink?) and the ball trickles in slow motion into the net with the whole Chaddy End sucking it in....... cue the biggest crowd surge I ever experienced in the Chaddy - ended up near the fence !!

Good times.

He got ripped a new one by Ricky Holden in that game, always remember tricky leaving price on his arse, he shot Spink spilled it and Redders knocked in the rebound,.

So your remaining choices in 97/98 are:

1-2 v Bristol City (Rush

2-0 v Plymouth (LJ 2)

wasn't Wycombe 0-0?

Maine Road for Roger's hat trick.

Any of the 89/90 cup games.

The Sheff Wed game in 90/91 .......the away one 2-2, one of the finest matched you could ever hope to see.

Mind if I am honest and could only go back to one Oldham game it would be.

Oldham 16 Australia 22 ....Aussie RL tour of 1986 , an incredible night. at Watersheddings.

The Sheff Wed game in 90/91 .......the away one 2-2, one of the finest matched you could ever hope to see.

Oldham 16 Australia 22 ....Aussie RL tour of 1986 , an incredible night. at Watersheddings.

My Dad was at all of them. I'm a little bit jealous that I'm too young for a lot of them.

First live Sporting Event I went to, It was bloody freezing - what a game we gave them. I've got the game on DVD….

I'd go back to the early 40's, but to a specific game which was an away at Orient down in East London. I'd get out, but stop by a pub for a quick jar en route to the match. But there I'd get chatting to this pretty nice sort which was easy because I could pull song lyrics out of my arse which were really by the Beatles but could tell her I wrote them. Consequently I'd give the match a miss but I'd keep going back to give her a right going over.

Yeah. That's what I'd do.

Goodnight Sweetheart!

:wink:

(That looks so wrong!)

It took me a long time to forgive John Sheridan for scoring those two penalties past the brilliant Hallworth... but boy did I forgive him when he came out of retirement at Hillsborough to put one past them at the same end all those years later. I'd go back to any game that he played in midfield for us. The best player I've seen, ever, and other than my Dad, the only reason I stuck with Latics through my youth.

Edited by lalalajpkalala

that day in may 1991 just after the final whistle am on the pitch celebrating with my mates ,look back into the chaddy trying to spot my dad and cant see him anywhere moment of panic then spot him out of the corner of my eye charging across the pitch towards me and dancing a jig .never seen him look so happy at a latics game ever .

sadly he passed away in April so will never get the chance to do it again (i live in hope) one of my greatest memories of my dad

Supporter since 98/99 so Dowies year for me , unbeaten away for majority of season . Team spirit , quality players . Atmosphere was good , top run in league cup . Pogs Hall hill Armstrong baudet low eyres carss murray Dux mini shez lourenco Andrews Carlo Clyde . Class

This! Was my 2nd full season as a ST holder and I loved that season!