You are the Chairman - so pick a new manager

You - God love you - are the Chairman  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick as the new manager?

• Tony Philliskirk - Latics stalwart and top coach
    • Jim Gannon - Stockport legend
    • Andy Barlow - Latics legend and chippy fanatic
    • Steve Cotterill - Farm hand and country inn gobshite
    • Peter Reid - Monkey man trying to catch up with Maradonna since 1986
    • Frankie Bunn - No. 6 is Frankie Bunn
    • Phil Brown - disciplinarian crooner
    • Billy Davies - another diminutive tryer
    • Alan Knill - Oldham nil
    • Sammy McIlroy - once got Norn Iron a 0-0 against Spain
    • Richard Money - European cup winner with a laughably inappropriate name for Oldham
    • A. N. Other - feel free to connect another poor soul to our blighted footie club
    • Zorrro - impeccable computer-based credentials
    • Lee Sinnott - managed Hyde United through the difficult post-Shipman years
    • Bristollatic - Crap record with Bath City, but could do the business at a big club like ours

Id take Phil Brown with Stitch as he number 2.

Who the :censored:s paying for that?! We can't afford a number 2! Let alone a former Premier League number 1 and Championship number 2.

Be under no illusions - Dickov got the job cos he was cheap and he's keeping it 'cos he's still cheap!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the :censored:s paying for that?! We can't afford a number 2! Let alone a former Premier League number 1 and Championship number 2.

Be under no illusions - Dickov got the job cos he was cheap and he's keeping it 'cos he's still cheap!

My thoughts too

Taggart, Gerrard, Dux and Butler wouldnt have been on peanuts Ackey, in this climate you might be supprised who turns up on the application list..

Dickov might be cheap, but his back room staff would have been :censored:ing expensive.

Taggart, Gerrard, Dux and Butler wouldnt have been on peanuts Ackey, in this climate you might be supprised who turns up on the application list..

Dickov might be cheap, but his back room staff would have been :censored:ing expensive.

It was reported that 150 people applied for the donny job

It was reported that 150 people applied for the donny job

Megson would be my choice until the end of the season. It would be ugly but effective and I can't think of any other affordable manager who would stand a better chance of keeping us up.

Cotterill's found a job as an assistant somewhere and Davies is way out of our league.

Peter Reid I'd be happy with too. Brown would worry me, aside from a fantastic season and a half at Hull he's not got a good record. His record and football at Preston was especially poor.

Re: inexperienced managers. Not what we need right now as it's pretty much what we already have. I may be wrong but I'm confident in thinking that paying money for a short term experienced boss would be less expensive than relegation with Dickov/cheaper inexperienced boss.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I agree - that's why we sacked them.

What makes anyone think we can afford to replace them is beyond me!

1. We have a manager.

2. Anyone who wants Phil Brown needs their head checking.

You have my full permission to check my head. Got family in Hull who always rated Brown until he was out of his depth in the greedy league. He's got a more than decent playing record and would have learned a lot from working with Sam Allardyce. I don't think he takes any :censored: either. For those who don''t think he did much at PNE, Westley hasn't exactly set the world on fire up there. Yep, PB would do for me.

Tad confused you voted to keep PD.....

Stop checking up on me. It's persecution, I tells ya.

From my cosy little cell, I voted "In" for PD, but if I was Chairman and had to replace him, I'd go for PB. Well, I understand it, anyway.

Edited by Bristolatic

Jesus - because he can work Miracles and we could do with one of those about now :-)).

I think he is a Spainish Manager Jesus Miracles.

Or Jose Mourinho - I would then be all to happy to call him the Special One - it's easy managing Porto, Chelsea and Real Madrid - if you want a really challenge come here and then we will see how special you are mate.

Edited by Stoney

Won my fourth consecutive Premier League title with Oldham last night, and beat United 1-0 in the Champions League final. About to move into the 40,000 capacity 'Oldham Stadium' as well.

You can be my assistant though.