You are the Chairman - so pick a new manager

You - God love you - are the Chairman  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick as the new manager?

• Tony Philliskirk - Latics stalwart and top coach
    • Jim Gannon - Stockport legend
    • Andy Barlow - Latics legend and chippy fanatic
    • Steve Cotterill - Farm hand and country inn gobshite
    • Peter Reid - Monkey man trying to catch up with Maradonna since 1986
    • Frankie Bunn - No. 6 is Frankie Bunn
    • Phil Brown - disciplinarian crooner
    • Billy Davies - another diminutive tryer
    • Alan Knill - Oldham nil
    • Sammy McIlroy - once got Norn Iron a 0-0 against Spain
    • Richard Money - European cup winner with a laughably inappropriate name for Oldham
    • A. N. Other - feel free to connect another poor soul to our blighted footie club
    • Zorrro - impeccable computer-based credentials
    • Lee Sinnott - managed Hyde United through the difficult post-Shipman years
    • Bristollatic - Crap record with Bath City, but could do the business at a big club like ours

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is always the case when this topic crops up, I'll chuck my hat into the ring. Firmly established Hyde FC as a top half League One club.

Won my fourth consecutive Premier League title with Oldham last night, and beat United 1-0 in the Champions League final. About to move into the 40,000 capacity 'Oldham Stadium' as well.

You can be my assistant though.

Poll amended to subject your left-field but entirely plausible claims to the fans' judgment.

You have my full permission to check my head. Got family in Hull who always rated Brown until he was out of his depth in the greedy league. He's got a more than decent playing record and would have learned a lot from working with Sam Allardyce. I don't think he takes any :censored: either. For those who don''t think he did much at PNE, Westley hasn't exactly set the world on fire up there. Yep, PB would do for me.

You don't like pasta. Your opinions are worth fudge all!

You don't like pasta. Your opinions are worth fudge all!

That's it then. My well known dislike for the traditional Italian sick inducing rubberised "food" has a direct bearing on my footie knowledge. And I got Bath City into League 2 on FM as well. I should have a spot in this poll. :ranting:

Zorrro getting as many votes as Frankie Bunn, Andy Barlow and Dickie Dosh. Plus 2 more votes than ex-international manger Sammy McIlroy and Alan Knill.

More vote rigging than rotten boroughs

My impeccable CV speaks for itself. The people - MY people - aren't stupid. They know a good thing when they see one.

I'll be providing bacon AND egg butties when you're all queuing for Oldham-Barcelona CL Final tickets.

Actually talking of free, Doncaster's chairman was on Talksport yesterday and said after Dean Saunders left he had managers with good history saying they would take the job without pay or contract....to start with.

they are still out there!!

but how long would they stay bit of success here offer from a champ club and their gone leaving us in uproar again need somebody who will stay long term

Actually talking of free, Doncaster's chairman was on Talksport yesterday and said after Dean Saunders left he had managers with good history saying they would take the job without pay or contract....to start with.

they are still out there!!

That was what I was trying to say to Ackey earlier, you put it in a better way.

We could put Dickov on gardening leave, see who applies, if they take it until end of season pay him off.

Then if they stop the rot give them a good contract.

Good managers will always be wanted by other clubs, only the scoreboard saved us from losing Big Joe to Citeh