Boozer near BP on Sunday

Fancy having a drink near the ground for a change on Sunday. Used to like The Queens but these days it's shut.

Where's decent these days, easyish to get to the bar, football on tele, good atmosphere, no away fans?

Edited by Yard Dog

White Hart is probably your best bet I reckon.

maybe The Junction Inn on Ripponden Road but I think they're welcoming away fans too.

It's wrong side of town for me really, but I will pay them a visit in the future out of respect for what they are trying to do up there.

Fancy having a drink near the ground for a change on Sunday. Used to like The Queens but these days it's shut.

Where's decent these days, easyish to get to the bar, football on tele, good atmosphere, no away fans?

trapp inn rochdale rd very rarely gets to busy

If I'd thought someone from Royton would want info on pubs on the Royton side of Oldham, I'd have done a 'Directions, Beer & Food' thread. :shock:

If I'd thought someone from Royton would want info on pubs on the Royton side of Oldham, I'd have done a 'Directions, Beer & Food' thread. :shock:

I hate drinking in Royton, well the centre, hence why I'm after a bit of a change and the chance to soak up the pre-game atmosphere near the ground instead.

The White Hart is all of those requirements, except maybe the away fans. Sometimes they get a few in, sometimes hardly any. I'd guess on Sunday though the Police will tell the landlord to open for home fans only, and away fans in the Grey Mare.

any of the pubs mentioned is a step up from the queens! ;)

Edited by MaskedOwl

It's true.

I dont normally go for a beer before the match but work with a bird from Chaddy who knows the owner at Grey Mare and he has said it's for away fans.

I have seen comments from whoever runs their Facebook page denying this.

They are open to all.