snow clearance

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitch is cleared, but there is a load of snow in the RRE which needs shifting now. Hopefully a lot of it will melt tonight, so not much for people to clear in the morning.

I did about 4.5 hours and I'm knackered. JSS did from 9am to 6.30... top effort!

Cheers for the update and well done, enjoy tomorrow.

Pitch is cleared, but there is a load of snow in the RRE which needs shifting now. Hopefully a lot of it will melt tonight, so not much for people to clear in the morning.

I did about 4.5 hours and I'm knackered. JSS did from 9am to 6.30... top effort!

Seriously top effort lads and lasses :applause1:

Well done to all involved, I'm sure you will get a deservedly BIG mention on ITV tomorrow and it will be there for all to see for years and years after our historic 2-1 win (you heard it here first)

Hehe, oh dear....think half of us are going to walking like living dead tomorrow when the muscles really kick in, I am numb from the ears down..is this normal?...lower back, upper arms, seized up fingers to boot...hehe. If I knew half the owtb board was a shovelling, we would have introduced ourselves.....hope I don't fall asleep in my seat tomoz knackered......underdog

Edited by tangerinedreams

I would have loved nothing more than to be there tomorrow, but it just wasn't possible. I will, however, be glued to the TV. Most likely wearing a Latics shirt and scarf.

Dont blame any long distance supporters not being there tomorrow mate.

This is one to enjoy by the luxury of your own TV if you dont live close enough to have to attend!

Get yourself a few ciders / beers and enjoy a welcome break from not needing a result.......... no pressure tomorrow!!!

Oi don't you be starting again.....Josh was there shovelling and snowballing me too....hehe, I am around the bend...underdog

I get the feeling this is about me Tracy!;) hahah :wink:

The bubble can't withstand Snow, Rain OR Wind as it has no support so I presume it's down again tonight.

I think there have been contractors hired to clear the outer areas of the ground, car park and the bits behind the RRE and Chaddy End.

What did dissapoint me today is the businesses that are sponsoring us JUST for tomorrow's game, they were putting up advertising boards all over the place today.

Great effort from everyone today, immensely proud to be associated with those that went down and was definitely worth it. Aching like crazy now but you do what you can for your club don't you :wink:

ps. I feel for anyone sat on the 1st few rows if the snow on the roof is still melting, you WILL get drenched.

The bubble can't withstand Snow, Rain OR Wind as it has no support so I presume it's down again tonight.

I think there have been contractors hired to clear the outer areas of the ground, car park and the bits behind the RRE and Chaddy End.

What did dissapoint me today is the businesses that are sponsoring us JUST for tomorrow's game, they were putting up advertising boards all over the place today.

Great effort from everyone today, immensely proud to be associated with those that went down and was definitely worth it. Aching like crazy now but you do what you can for your club don't you :wink:

ps. I feel for anyone sat on the 1st few rows if the snow on the roof is still melting, you WILL get drenched.

pps I don't feel sorry for anyone sat in the LATI section!

think all the snow has been cleared by last nights downpour but a valiant efforet by all

Yes Josh, you little (taller) now swine..tut. Agree about the sponsor bit, was clearing the snow from the penalty area in the rre at the end and was that wazzed off by the new boards that I inadvertently covered them up...Stanley and one that I didn't realised said budweiser until a fellow fan clearing snow said about covering it up...haha, oh well.....rain should have shifted it now.....underdog

Stanley and one that I didn't realised said budweiser until a fellow fan clearing snow said about covering it up...haha, oh well.....rain should have shifted it now.....underdog

That must've been me. We weren't allowed to leave it against the boards so it all had to be shovelled over into the RRE on the concourse.

Dont blame any long distance supporters not being there tomorrow mate.

This is one to enjoy by the luxury of your own TV if you dont live close enough to have to attend!

Get yourself a few ciders / beers and enjoy a welcome break from not needing a result.......... no pressure tomorrow!!!

We dont have a tele, so will be climbing into the car soon for the journey to BP to roar the boys on. Everybody enjoy what should be a great day. PS windy as hell here in North Yorkshire this morning, A great leveler me thinks if the same applies to ice station zebra. Edited by 100milesaway

I hope the pile of snow in front of the disabled section under the Corner Flag Suite has diminished - the view of the game was looking somewhat restricted yesterday morning.

Also, please can Latics fans in front of row X in the RRE stay sat down throughout the game. My back is killing me and it will take no more moving about okay!

Thanks.

Edited by opinions4u

Not at all bothered by advertising boards .

It's about trying to maximise income for the club isn't it ?

The advertising boards will be taken down as soon as possible after the final whistle, also those that erected them will be walking round making sure none are covered with flags etc, so one of them.said yesterday, I was surprised at how many. local businesses have signs up...