Sacked in the morning?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't get sacked after today.

That's what I reckon but why didn't Corney say his job was safe after the match rather than tomorrow? I doubt Corney is thinking of the website hits.

I have a feeling he's going but didn't want to overshadow PD today after the win...however league position doesn't lie and those in the media will realise that one swallow doesn't make a summer

There'd be lots of media blah, blah if SC pulled the trigger tomorrow although a home tie in the 5th round of the FA Cup with a team that's just overturned Liverpool may make us a more attractive proposition to manage right now.

Having said that, I think a number 2 will be announced and Dicky continues as per. Given the performances of Smith & Winchester I'm sure that the freeze on new recruits will remain in place though, with the instruction to coach and motivate them to do the same against lesser opponents.

We are only few (experienced) players short of saving our season. Dickov should now be allowed to bring few in. Keep the faith and Paul might not be the worst thing for us. Proud to be an Oldhamer

With the prize money earned from today and the possibility of another televised game I would think there might be some pennies to strengthen the team with. Thing is, will Dick

ov be trusted to spend it given the position we find ourselves in?

The opposition fired the lads up opposed to PD's leadership me feels. If it was down to PD then why hasn't he been doing this all season with the players at his disposal?

It's sad as I like the man as a person but I want someone more influential managing the team as I doubt PD will secure us success and I don't want us just scraping 19th position.

Yes the press will slag off SC if he pulls the trigger after today but they don't follow the club week in week out like we do.

End his OAFC career on a high

Was it coincidence that MH was in the director's box?