McLeish gone

Wonder what he gets after 7 weeks - what the payoff will be - bet it is not bad for just 7 weeks work + leaves with no damage to his reputation and looking at the Villa Situation at the moment did a decent job there.

Agree to disagree on that!

Agree to disagree on that!

Which one the Villa part or leaving Forest with no dent on his reputation? - once they had gone through a few more managers like Chelsea think most will be blaming the Chairman and manger like him (average not great) would always get some thing based on his record at Rangers, Birmingham, Scotland and yes Villa (especially if they go down the job that he did was Ok - however my mate the Villa fan does not agree still thinks he is a f**king W**ker but I think that is based more on the ex - Birmingham thing).

He got Birmingham relegated and turned Villa into the shambles Lambert inherited?

He's done terribly at Forest and I think it's consolidated the reputation he's developed at Birmingham and Forest. I think he's spared his blushes by leaving (or being sacked) because he had taken a side on the edge of the playoffs to mid-table and they were only slipping further (not to mention the fact they were knocked out of the cup by League One strugglers :wink:).

Edited by jsslatic

McLeish has struck me in the past as being a good but unspectacular manager who will get the team organised and disciplined at the cost of any free flowing football. These types of managers will never be the best but should have a place in football as they make the game more challenging for teams who have skill but lack strength, thus raising the standard of the game. It doesn't surprise me that McLeish has won things previously with his methods.

The blame in this situation has to lie with this trigger happy owner. O'Driscoll has proven that, given time, he can get you results and good football. He's was steadily putting in solid foundations at the club, only to chucked out and replaced by a manager with a completely different philosophy to be successful with players that were a bad fit for his style. The people making that decision have either been very badly advised or have realised that they don't have the cash for a long term successful strategy. Either way, it doesn't look good for Forest. Thank god we played them when we did!

My first full season of watching Latics was 73/74, we spent the ensuing twenty plus years in the top two flights of English football. In that time we had one change of manager.

The Frizzell / Royle era lasted around a quarter of a century and saw us move from division 4 to division 1 plus the fantastic cup runs.

I appreciate these are different times snd it also requires loyalty from the manager (Joe and Citeh) but some of these club owners need to appreciate how often success is built on stability.

My first full season of watching Latics was 73/74, we spent the ensuing twenty plus years in the top two flights of English football. In that time we had one change of manager.

The Frizzell / Royle era lasted around a quarter of a century and saw us move from division 4 to division 1 plus the fantastic cup runs.

I appreciate these are different times snd it also requires loyalty from the manager (Joe and Citeh) but some of these club owners need to appreciate how often success is built on stability.

Agreed, yes it was possibly time for dickov to leave, but nothin infuriates me more than the "Chelsea syndrome" that seems to have engulfed football in recent years