yessssssssssssssssss 2-2

I kept waiting for a foul to be given......... it felt like ages until I could believe the goal stood. Not that I thought there was a foul, just couldn't believe it!

Good refereeing to be fair, how many times have you seen a foul given in crowded box in those situtations - 21 players in the box and there is bound to be contact somewhere. Not to mention Bouzy trying to catch the ball.

I know, it could so easily have been a foul. As far as I could see from the replay the ball passed between Bouzy's hands and Smith headed it cleanly. If Bouzy had made contact, that would have been ruled out. And what a horrible end that would have been. But credit to Bouzy, the pressure contributed to the goal.

I know, it could so easily have been a foul. As far as I could see from the replay the ball passed between Bouzy's hands and Smith headed it cleanly. If Bouzy had made contact, that would have been ruled out. And what a horrible end that would have been. But credit to Bouzy, the pressure contributed to the goal.

31913_614199501930632_1370860709_n.jpg

I kept waiting for a foul to be given......... it felt like ages until I could believe the goal stood. Not that I thought there was a foul, just couldn't believe it!

Good refereeing to be fair, how many times have you seen a foul given in crowded box in those situtations - 21 players in the box and there is bound to be contact somewhere. Not to mention Bouzy trying to catch the ball.

Ha me to.

Thought Dowd was pretty :censored:e. Every time they hit the deck, which was often, he couldn't wait to put the whistle to his lips. Not blowing for a foul at he end was as good as he got.

Watched the game again after I got home from the match, Dowd got it right nearly every time. Stand by my original, thought he had a good game

Watched the game again after I got home from the match, Dowd got it right nearly every time. Stand by my original, thought he had a good game

He was consistent for the 50/50 decisions. However IMHO any ref that lets a player (virtually) charge down a direct FK before the ball is touched cannot be said to have had a good game. Pienaar was lucky to be able to be on the pitch to be subbed as that was a blatant yellow card. There was a bit of me that in hindsight, because Dowd did nothing about it, would have got a player to smash it at Pienaar aiming at an area that is going to hurt.