Crofty

The last two games Croft has been immense, worked so hard and has also given us more of an attacking threat, looks like he has lost a few pounds to.

Am I right in thinking he's on about 12 - 14 assists for the season now? Whilst I agree he's in the main not hit the heights of his first spell on loan I dread to think where we would have been without him this season.

Said the same thing at the game, he looks like he has lost weight.

Coincidence that he's now upped his level of play and lost weight since he's been fired off by Derby and on the short term deal with us?

Whatever the reason, he's been simply class the last 2 games. More of the same please Crofty

He must have lost half a stone during yesterday's game. Nice comment by Dickov about the use of his arse in the build up to the first goal.

Superb Crofty.

As Crofty used his arse and set off up the wing, with Everton fully stetched, the whole of the Chaddy End rose to its feet in anticipation of what was about to happen. It's rare that we get that much advance 'notice' of a goal. :aplayer1::chubb:

It goes without saying that everyone was already on their feet before the equaliser went in. :pow:

Crofty was superb vs Liverpool too and has been (generally) one of our better performers throughout the season.

Unbelievable display yesterday, I was stunned when he out-paced Baines at one point! And having watched the highlights, I think he knew exactly what he was doing when he picked out Obita for the first.

As Crofty used his arse and set off up the wing, with Everton fully stetched, the whole of the Chaddy End rose to its feet in anticipation of what was about to happen. It's rare that we get that much advance 'notice' of a goal. :aplayer1::chubb:

It goes without saying that everyone was already on their feet before the equaliser went in. :pow:

Its the first time I can remember us being effective on the counter but you knew when he set off that something was coming. Great run from Obita too.

And having watched the highlights, I think he knew exactly what he was doing when he picked out Obita for the first.

I agree.

I have been watching the full match back in HD on my computer, and it struck me that even though commentators seem to think that Crofty meant to shoot, the telling thing for me is that he looks immediately at Obita after he hits it.

Add to that the fact that the ball to Obita was the most obvious option throughout the move, and I'm thinking that he actually did mean to pass it.

And what a pass it was. Nicely threaded

It was offside though :(

Don't think it was.

I think ITV freeze framed it after Croft kicks the ball, not as he kicks it.

Just on as I saw it he's level but could have been given against us but then again the ref could have blown up before Smiths late equaliser. Gerrards strike could have hit the bar and gone in against Liverpool. They could have blown up for a foul prior to our second goal in that game aswell the footballing gods just might be on our side this year.

the ref could have blown up before Smiths late equaliser

To give a penalty for Howard's push on Croft?

Gerrards strike could have hit the bar and gone in against Liverpool.

But Bouzy got a finger to it, so it didn't!

They could have blown up for a foul prior to our second goal in that game aswell

Or the foul on Simpson before Liverpool's equaliser!

Edited by opinions4u

Not saying we've not deserved it OP4U but those little things have gone our way that perhaps in the past haven't perhaps this is the season the footballing gods turn round and say the supporters of Oldham Athletic have sufffered enough we will get back to wembley in the FA cup we will stay up and get that new stand built and go forward and have some great times.

I'm still not 100% that he wasn't shooting for his assist against the other Scousers (after his pass *cough* to Changy to set up the first) but this was a pass, clear and simple. In fact, I think he heard me shouting, ":censored:ing pass it!" from the Chaddy End a couple of seconds before and acted accordingly.