Grow a pair TP

And take the job. Once in a lifetime opportunity to really make a difference at a club you obviously love. You are by far the best man for the job, don't waste this chance.

He feels his best contribution to the club is to nuture young players so it's up to the club to 'grow a pair' and ensure that the infrastructure is in place to ensure their development isn't stopped in the reserve team, or their pathway to the first team is blocked by fly by night loan signings. It's also up to the supporters to 'grow a pair' and be patient with these young players when any mistakes they make cost the first team a goal or a match and not get on their backs but continue to encourage.

And take the job. Once in a lifetime opportunity to really make a difference at a club you obviously love. You are by far the best man for the job, don't waste this chance.

Given the fact that on average a Latics manager can expect to get fired after two years by our trigger happy Chairman I think TP is taking an understandable decision NOT to apply. He's.happy in his current job not many can say that these days. Good luck to him.

I would be disappointed if he did take it.

A couple of losses and all of a sudden he's not the managerial god we think he is and we end up losing a club legend.

Let the man do what he has a passion for, lets not pressure him into taking on a job that is garuanteed to see him leave the club within 3/4 years maximum.

The only one who might have to grow a pair is Baxter after his attack from Sodje. :wacko:

I didn't get a clear view of that at the game but I've just seen a video of it. Unbelievable, I've never seen anything like it in all my years watching football.

Grow a pair???

Think about it.

I reckon TP earns about £50k a year with a job that is likely to go on for 10+ years???

If he takes the managers job he probably earns £60-£70k a year for 1-2 years before he gets sacked.

Like I said, think about it!

Or he does very well indeed, takes us up to the championship, gets a highly paid job at a 'bigger' club and has a successful career in management. Possible.

My comments weren't an insult, just a query with regard to his ambition in life. Just really hope he backs himself to succeed.

Edited by dannyboy55555

You, and many others, may want TP to take the job if it was offered to him, but "Grow a pair"? Insulting to a man who has, and will, do anything for this club. A real gent who wants the best for Latics, but has said so many times that he wants to concentrate on bringing the yoofs through.

Perhaps the title of the thread could have been better phrased.

Surely a persons ambition should be to be happy? If he's happy in his job as youth team boss, gets fulfilment from it then he has achieved what most strive for.

IF he takes it, I hope it's because he ends up genuinely wanting it over time, rather than on a brief whim when he has a moment's thought like the original post. Otherwise - he's made it clear from the start what he wants and more power to him.

Latics club legend, if ever there was one.

Edited by pukka

Or he does very well indeed, takes us up to the championship, gets a highly paid job at a 'bigger' club and has a successful career in management. Possible.

This, he should believe in his own ability, we do.

My comments weren't an insult, just a query with regard to his ambition in life. Just really hope he backs himself to succeed.