No shame in that

Well done to TP, PG, the players, and everyone who made this cup run. Brought some love for the club back, and some much needed cash. Let's keep the run going for league survival.

Thought Grounds was really excellent tonight, lots of well-timed interceptions and tackles. Croft ran his socks off. Tarkowski had a couple of edgy moments but is manning up in a big way, looking like a better prospect than any time I've seen him before. Really sorry that Baxter didn't get his moment with that finish.

Scoreline irrelevant as the lads did us proud fighting to the end

The financial windfall is much more important

Game over, cup run at an end and let's focus on the league....starting tomorrow SC get the new manager in and take the spotlight and pressure away from TP. We've made enough money, lets speculate to accumulate and bring in Dowie to start his legacy over the coming seasons

Very proud of them tonight. Bit of luck and it certainly could have gone the other way. Points of note include Smith must be first choice, if we are paying Iwelumo and can send him back then do so! If we stay up (and not great results tonight) build the team around Cisak, BJMV, Tarky, Wes, Baxter and Smith and we will be more than ok.

Oh and TP for the job permanently. OTID

Smith was eloquent in his post match interview... Decent bloke, a very good footballer and one very much undervalued... Starting place for remainder of season and put big Chris on bench or send back to Watford if it doesn't cost us anything

Edited by Midsblue

Proud of them all tonight. Never gave up and could easily have got something out of it. How did we not get that penalty? If that happened at the other end, there'd have been all hell on. Baxter so unlucky too. Now we can get on with appointing a new manager and let TP crack on with what he really wants to do, and that is NOT managing the first team.

Special shout out to the travelling fans too. Outsung the Everton fans for practically the whole game. Well done to every one of you.

There's plenty to be proud of.

I didn't need a reminder of why I love and support Latics - but if I did need a reminder, thus cup run has been it.

I've celebrated goals in this cup run with more uncontrolled joy than seeing me country score in World Cups.

We might be in a constant fight, a struggle, we might often battle against ourselves more than anyone else.

But I'd rather be us then one of those big rich bunches of "match day experience" :censored:e. There's no real heroes there. There's no real glory. There's certainly no real football.

It might be pretty in the premiership - but I couldn't care less for it. In my opinion it's nothing more than pantomime.

Oldham 'till I die. Now lads - three points next league match please. More effort, more heart, more passion - and more giving everything for a great club.

I'm not convinced Dowie is the messiah but he's streets ahead of Sammy Lee or Phil Brown in my opinion.

He's exactly what we need - a disciplinarian, a motivator, focused on player fitness and determination plus worked very well with TP - the one constant we need to keep at the club - and a firm supporter of developing and introducing youth players.

...plus I had a bet on him ;)

My post back to you was in reference to TP publicly saying on numerous occasions he doesn't want the managers job. Why force someone to do the job who's reluctant to do so and exploit their loyalty and devotion for the club?

There's plenty to be proud of.

I didn't need a reminder of why I love and support Latics - but if I did need a reminder, thus cup run has been it.

I've celebrated goals in this cup run with more uncontrolled joy than seeing me country score in World Cups.

We might be in a constant fight, a struggle, we might often battle against ourselves more than anyone else.

But I'd rather be us then one of those big rich bunches of "match day experience" :censored:e. There's no real heroes there. There's no real glory. There's certainly no real football.

It might be pretty in the premiership - but I couldn't care less for it. In my opinion it's nothing more than pantomime.

Oldham 'till I die. Now lads - three points next league match please. More effort, more heart, more passion - and more giving everything for a great club.

This....well said sir!

Did any of those saying send back Iwelumo actually listen to TP before the match - said his experience has been invaluable and we have won 3 league games and drawn with Everton since he has come in. Whether he deserves to start or not lets keep him at the club rotate strikers, make them fight for a place and use his experience to help us get out of this mess in the league even if it is just to have a positive influence on the players rather than a starting role.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

I'm not convinced Dowie is the messiah but he's streets ahead of Sammy Lee or Phil Brown in my opinion.

This is why I've warmed to Dowie, there are a lot of accidents waiting to happen that we could choose but Dowie, while not my 1st choice, doesn't fall into this category.

Still a game by game review of TP's position at present. The new manager should come in when it becomes clear that we need to freshen things up.

Did any of those saying send back Iwelumo actually listen to TP before the match - said his experience has been invaluable and we have won 3 league games and drawn with Everton since he has come in. Whether he deserves to start or not lets keep him at the club rotate strikers, make them fight for a place and use his experience to help us get out of this mess in the league even if it is just to have a positive influence on the players rather than a starting role.