Maurice Linehan v Tim Howard

Probably unfair to nominate Tim Howard specifically but after his performance last night he can act as a proxy for all the big girls' blouses that currently play professional football.

I don't suppose too many have come across Maurice Linehan; he's a promising young national hunt jockey. Last Saturday he suffered a an absolute pearler of a fall at the first fence of the big race of the day and after half a ton of horse moving at about 35 miles an hour landed on top of him he not uinreasonably y lay motionless on the turf.

Obvious concerns for the young man, not least because the field would be coming round again in about two and a half minutes.

To everyone's relief, after about thirty seconds on the ground he was helped to his feet and walked away. It was later reported that he had a fractured sternum and two cracked vertebrae - he was probably a couple of inches away from never walking again or worse.

He's predicted to be out for two months abut as he's a jump jockey he'll probably be back in action in rather less because that's what they do. Hopefully by then Tim Howard's fingernail will be better.

Kevin Mirallas - makes Suarez look like he stays on his feet. Shame as he looked a class player, willing to take people on and good movement. Cheat and a tart. Has had 5 brief "injuries" since playing for Everton. I think he's just a tart as he is back within a fortnight.

Probably unfair to nominate Tim Howard specifically but after his performance last night he can act as a proxy for all the big girls' blouses that currently play professional football.

I don't suppose too many have come across Maurice Linehan; he's a promising young national hunt jockey. Last Saturday he suffered a an absolute pearler of a fall at the first fence of the big race of the day and after half a ton of horse moving at about 35 miles an hour landed on top of him he not uinreasonably y lay motionless on the turf.

Obvious concerns for the young man, not least because the field would be coming round again in about two and a half minutes.

To everyone's relief, after about thirty seconds on the ground he was helped to his feet and walked away. It was later reported that he had a fractured sternum and two cracked vertebrae - he was probably a couple of inches away from never walking again or worse.

He's predicted to be out for two months abut as he's a jump jockey he'll probably be back in action in rather less because that's what they do. Hopefully by then Tim Howard's fingernail will be better.

what the hell has all that got to do with a football match

Jelavic takes some beating for theatrical spring heeled diving. Tom Daley watch out one incident near end he got a free kick when Tarky was a foot away. Distin was moaning as soon as Smith was a threat, utter contempt for what football has become in the premiership. Howard got plenty of free kicks for nothing acted up and refs positioning appalling.

The highlight on commentary was Smith has a lot in common with DROGBA!!!!, Big Duncan and Andy Carroll. If only we could get a fee for him let alone a fee of £35 million.

I remember when we played Chelsea in the FA cup and the "giant" centre forward in our team was Stevie Whitehall who must have stood 8" shorter and 4 stone lighter but that didn't stop that World Cup winning tart Desailly falling over every time Whitehall turned him. It's nothing new in the game.......I blame the influx of Johnny Foreigners.

I only support the club, have done for many years, but what the players do, I can't control. But it's not just down to one of two instances from last night, it's widespread week in week out in leagues up and down the country. Of course it gets more attention or newsworthy in the premier league but it's something that's come on in recent years. I hate some of the behaviour of players today sometimes. The game has become soft now. How some of these would of coped in the 1960s and 70s I don't know. It's no longer a mans game.

Players wearing gloves or tights in games now, or skin coverings, regardless of weather, is embarrassing to see. I fear for the fututre of the game sometimes. Why don't they just wrap them in cotton wool now and be done with it. Overpaid and over protected tarts some of them.

Peter Reid v Steve McMahon would only be shown after the watershed these days - makes me weep, what our once great game has become….